chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Fwd: [APInews] 'Poetry a Big Deal in Takoma Park'

  • From: Janet Kagan <jkagan AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Fwd: [APInews] 'Poetry a Big Deal in Takoma Park'
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 23:44:37 -0400

CHPAC

As promised, I am forwarding to you an example of how we might publicize the Community Art Project to a national audience.  I cannot find the email that more directly paralleled our project, but the work noted below may be helpful as an introduction to how the site is organized.

All best

Janet

Begin forwarded message:

Poetry a Big Deal in Takoma Park

"Poetry's a big deal here in April, " says Ann Slayton, a Friend of the Takoma Park Maryland Library, which is "planting" framed poems all over town this week, according to Agnes Jasinski in Montgomery County's Gazette.net. In honor of spring and National Poetry Month, volunteers chose 36 poems by a diverse group of authors including Emily Dickinson, Langston Hughes and Pablo Neruda. They had to comply with city rules about posting things on trees and digging holes in unauthorized places, but everybody pitched in, including typography students from Montgomery College and the city’s public-works staff. The poems will be on display through mid-May, and the Friends hold their 9th Annual Favorite Poem Evening April 26 in the Takoma Park Community Center.

Go to this entry:

  • [Chpac-staff] Fwd: [APInews] 'Poetry a Big Deal in Takoma Park', Janet Kagan, 04/12/2007