chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Vision follow-up

  • From: rhrjr AT webtv.net (Richard Robinson)
  • To: CHPAC-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Vision follow-up
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:54:30 -0400

Based upon volunteered expressions of interest, I have asked Lowell
Roberts, Janet Kagan, Elizabeth Taylor and Haig Khachatoorian to join me
in pursuing the short-term effort to generate some additional
information that may assist the full commission in refining our
consideration of a possible major artistic initiative growing out of our
series of "vision" discussions. Lowell has agreed to serve as chair of
the group and will make arrangements for us to meet in the near future.

Consistent with the discussion at our last commission meeting, the types
of information that we might expect from this inquiry include examples
of major permanent works of art commissioned by comparable
municipalities, the identity of artists engaged, the costs incurred, and
the procedures utilized by those towns and cities to achieve their
objectives. If practicable, I hope that a report will be available for
the November commission meeting.

  • [Chpac-staff] Vision follow-up, Richard Robinson, 10/13/2006