chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Public Art Contextual Plan and Meeting Summary Report

  • From: "Janet Kagan" <jkagan AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: gail AT gmgassoc.com
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Public Art Contextual Plan and Meeting Summary Report
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 16:43:14 -0400

CHPAC

Please find attached the next iteration of the Public Art Contextual Plan.  Draft 3.2 of 5 May incorporates the feedback we received from the CHPAC and the Steering Committee in April.  We have also attached the meeting summary from Gail's April site visit.

As a reminder, the Contextual Plan will be presented to the Town Council on Monday 12 June.  Please keep in mind that the primary audience for this document is the Chapel Hill Town Council.  It is expected that the Town Council will append the Public Art Contextual Plan to the Comprehensive Plan for the Town of Chapel Hill.  The Contextual Plan is therefore written in a manner that reflects the organization and format of the Comprehensive Plan.

Following Gail's presentation of the Public Art Contextual Plan to the Town Council in June, we hope that the Council will "receive and refer" the Plan to the Town Manager and Town boards and commissions for their review and comment.
We are indeed fortunate that the timing of the Public Art Contextual Plan coincides with the next update of the Comprehensive Plan.

Because there continues to be discussion about the exact allocation of the percent for art in both municipal and private projects, for the time being let us proceed with a 2% allocation; this decision ultimately belongs to the Council.  Gail and I would like to extend an enormous thank-you to Steering Committee member Scott Radway, who prepared a sample budget for a public art in private development project.  This sample budget, as well as one for a municipal percent for art project, will be distributed to you on Wednesday 10 May at the CHPAC monthly meeting.  At that time, we will also have a revised Illustrative Map and a proposed page layout for the final Plan report.

We look forward to having a conference call with Gail next Wednesday to discuss the Public Art Contextual Plan and receive your comments.

Until then, very best wishes

Janet

  • [Chpac-staff] Public Art Contextual Plan and Meeting Summary Report, Janet Kagan, 05/05/2006