chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Windstorm Damage

  • From: "Kate Billings" <kbillings AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Windstorm Damage
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:15:13 -0500

Hello CHPAC,

In last night’s windstorm, Promethean Honor Guard, the sculpture by Mike Roig at Fire Station #5 was damaged.  The top section of spinning birds broke off and fell to the ground.  Mike and I just came back from checking it out.  He says that it is absolutely fixable and that he should have no problem getting it repaired by the dedication ceremony that is scheduled to take place on Saturday, March 20, 2004 at 1:30 p.m. at Fire Station #5.  In the meantime, I am talking to the Finance Department about our insurance coverage.

I’ll keep you posted as to what happens from here – I just didn’t want any of you to drive by and panic!

Best,

Kate

Kate Billings

Chapel Hill Public Arts Commission

306 North Columbia Street

Chapel Hill, NC  27516-2124

T: 919.968.2888, x377

F: 919.969.2063

E: kbillings AT townofchapelhill.org

www.chapelhillarts.org

  • [Chpac-staff] Windstorm Damage, Kate Billings, 03/08/2004