ch-scene - Re: Oh hello

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Ross Grady <ross AT rossgrady.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Oh hello
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 01:01:03 +0000

Jenn!

I wonder if even though Nate refuses to use any modern technology, maybe we
could get him to use email? I should txt Caryn.

I also wonder if I can remember how to log in and see who is still subscribed
to this email list.

For local people: I was really blown away by how great this article in the
Indy (about the 3 leading Democratic candidates for the NC4 congressional
district ) is:
https://indyweek.com/news/elections/nc-4th-congressional-district-democratic-primary-2022/

Also for local people: It's Chinese Food Week at Geer St. Garden. Andy has
been exploring Chinese cuisine for years now, so it's a real-deal good thing.

If you DEMAND local music content: Andy played bass in June, then founded
Great Cthulhu's Starry Wisdom Band, played in Malt Swagger, and currently
leads D-Town Brass (https://d-townbrass.bandcamp.com/).

We had tickets for Hannah Gadsby at DPAC tonight but we bailed :( -- my
current rubric for loosening my personal restrictions is: 10 new daily cases
per 100k in Durham County *AND* at least 2 weeks since someone I personally
know tested positive. That latter number is currently at ZERO days. :(

I did apparently buy a ticket to see Destroyer + Rosali at Cat's Cradle this
coming Monday. I honestly can't imagine driving to Carrboro on a Monday night
for a show, but . . . .

xo

Ross