ch-scene - [Internationalist] Join us Sept 26 as Internationalist celebrates one year in Carrboro!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] Join us Sept 26 as Internationalist celebrates one year in Carrboro!
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 12:09:27 -0400

We're having a party!

*Internationalist Anniversary Open House
Saturday, September 26
6:00pm
101 Lloyd St, Carrboro*

Internationalist Books & Community Center is holding an Anniversary Open House on Saturday, September 26th, to celebrate the store's one year anniversary in its new location at 101 Lloyd St. in Carrboro, after 33 years in neighboring Chapel Hill. The open house will feature live music from three local acts, food, drinks, games, activities, and more, followed by a dance party.

I want to invite all of you to join us in celebrating the last year of growth and change in a project that has meant so much to all of our lives over more than 30 years. If you can't join in person, we'd still love to hear from you, and know that we appreciate everyone in the extended Internationalist family whenever we celebrate the vibrant life of this collective project.

One year ago, with the support of generations of Internationalist community members and an astounding effort by our current volunteer collective, we renovated and moved into a beautiful store front in downtown Carrboro. The move has been an amazing experience for us - the volunteer collective is larger than it's been in our memory, the number of regular store events has doubled, we've had many more requests for use of the space by community groups for meetings and events, collaborated with other organizations on local events, and the shop is a social hub in Carrboro for young folks. We're so grateful for the support that made this move possible, and that is making it possible for us to carry the mission of this powerful project forward. Join us to celebrate!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1644859292460622/

With love & thanks,
Katie Yow, co-manager
and all of us at Internationalist Books & Community Center

---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: