ch-scene - [Internationalist] Reminder: Internationalist Members & Friends Open House This Thursday Jan 22!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] Reminder: Internationalist Members & Friends Open House This Thursday Jan 22!
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 20:58:47 -0500

Remember to join us this Thursday for our open house. We look forward to seeing y'all there!

---
Internationalist Books Members & Friends Open House

Come celebrate with us in our new home!
101 Lloyd St in Carrboro
*Thursday, January 22nd
5:00 - 9:00 pm*

After 18 years on Franklin St in downtown Chapel Hill, Internationalist Books and Community Center moved this September to its new location in Carrboro. After a lot of hard work, we now have room to grow, an energizing space for meetings and reading groups, and much easier parking. To thank everyone for their long hours laboring and their generous donations, we're throwing a party! If you haven't yet gotten to see our new beautiful space--and especially if you come regularly to shop or visit--come celebrate with us at our open house.

We're cooking up a spread of drinks and snacks, showcasing the highlights from our big move, and taking care of alittle business. This is going to double as our annual Members' Meeting, so whenever you drop by be sure to read our managers' report from the year and cast a vote for our new board of directors. We'll also be asking for your ideas, dreams, and visions for the store's future in this new space--so come with your creative brilliance in hand!

This is an exciting transition time in our 33 year history. For decades, Internationalist Books has given youth a space of their own while connecting them to generations past, a legacy that few local institutions can claim. With an eye to the future, we're reaching out to everyone who has been touched by that history, past and present. Bring your parents, your children, your families, and your friends, and let's get ready for the next thirty years together!

If you're interested in serving on the next Board of Directors or volunteering at the new store, email ibooks AT internationalistbooks.org for more details. If you're interested in becoming a monthly sustainer, sign up herehttp://www.internationalistbooks.org/become-a-sustainer/ <http://www.internationalistbooks.org/become-a-sustainer/>
---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: