ch-scene - Only 3 Weeks Left to Catch THE PAINTED BIRD!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Paperhand Puppet Intervention" <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Only 3 Weeks Left to Catch THE PAINTED BIRD!
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 13:39:48 -0400

Only 3 Weeks Left to Catch THE PAINTED BIRD! View Online:
http://app.scsend.net/?q=email/view/14lHKEIsO7Pza_LbCMxqCCgynMNXCaq28A

Only 3 Weeks Left to Catch
THE PAINTED BIRD!

With only 3 weeks of performances left, time is running out to catch The
Painted Bird!  Join us at The Forest Theatre for performances Friday-Sunday
at 7pm AND Sunday Matinees at 3pm through Sept 7.  PLUS a special Labor Day
performance this Monday, Sept 1 at 7pm!  Or catch the show at the NC Museum
of Art in Raleigh Fri, Sept 12-Sun, Sept 14!
Photo courtesy of Lee Capps Photography
The Painted Bird is an enchanted pageant of vibrant colors, huge puppets,
rabbits, mice, and hedgehogs!  The furry creatures of forest and field must
work together to keep a numbing greyness from sweeping across the land.  Will
the colors be consumed entirely from the world by the ever-encroaching grey?
Their hopes are tied to an ancient tale spun by and an old rat.  The Painted
Bird will rise with our own dreams of a brighter world this summer.

 Visit www.paperhand.org http://www.paperhand.org  for more!

What People Are Saying
http://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/paperhands-latest-enchants-on-familiar-grounds/Content?oid=4225009

Photo Courtesty of Lee Capps Photography
"Paperhand’s annual production brings to the stage a kind of magic that is
not seen in other productions. Using music, dance, color, and beautiful
creations of puppetry, Paperhand presents a show unlike any other."
- Alan R. Hall at CVNC
Read the full review HERE http://cvnc.org/article.cfm?articleId=6931

"THAT. WAS. AWESOME!"
-Young Audience Member

Four Stars. "clearly one of the most strongly staged productions in the
group's history."
-Byron Woods at Indy Week
Read the full review HERE
http://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/paperhands-latest-enchants-on-familiar-grounds/Content?oid=4225009

"... you must see the show! The Painted Bird is fantastic. We had such a good
time that we plan to go see it again."
-Audience Member

"My Face hurts from smiling!"
-Audience Member

Photo Courtesty of Lee Capps Photography

Carbon Reduction Saturdays!
 We are declaring the next two Saturdays carbon reduction days!  Parking for
these Saturdays will be extremely limited due to conflicting evening UNC
Football games on these days, so all the more reason to explore the world of
alternate transportation.  We encourage you to park your car at home or part
way to the show and ride your bike, take a stroll, skateboard, carpool, or
ride one of the free Chapel Hill buses!

Share your ideas on how to reduce your carbon footprint  HERE
http://paperhand.org/?p=756 !

  • Only 3 Weeks Left to Catch THE PAINTED BIRD!, Paperhand Puppet Intervention, 08/26/2014