ch-scene - [Internationalist] History and Memory at Internationalist Books While We Look Forward to Our Future

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] History and Memory at Internationalist Books While We Look Forward to Our Future
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 10:25:15 -0400

As we work busily on the move <http://www.internationalistbooks.org/2014/07/22/internationalist-books-and-community-center-is-moving/>, we want to share a couple of projects that we've been working on recently focused on preserving the history of Internationalist Books and Community Center.

*Internationalist Books Archival Collection at the Rubenstein Rare Book and Manuscript Library*

After working together with Kelly Wooten, Ibooks veteran and incredible librarian, we're thrilled to be able to announce that we have now placed a collection of records and materials from Internationalist Books and Community Center with the Rubenstein Rare Book and Manuscript Library. As we develop this archival collection, we are striving to preserve the many narratives of the life of this project, and the many amazing generations of the store. We're thrilled to be working with Kelly and the Rubenstein, which is also where Bob Sheldon's papers are held.

If you have pictures, flyers, zines, pamphlets, or other materials from your time in the shop that you'd like to place with the collection, please feel free to be in touch!

*The Internationalist Books Storytelling Project*

We've been working on the archival collection project since before we knew we were moving, but as we prepare for the move we've wanted to find more ways to make space for folks to share their memories of the decades of work, organizing and community that the Internationalist has had in downtown Chapel Hill. As part of this effort, we're starting The Internationalist Books Storytelling Project. We'd love contributions from near and far with memories and stories - big and small - about what Internationalist has meant for you and for the community. One of the wonderful things about Internationalist is that it provides a gathering place for communicating histories of struggle and resilience, reflections on the past and visions for the future.

The Internationalist Books Storytelling Project <http://internationalistbooksstorytellingproject.wordpress.com/> is a collaborative blog to gather memories, moments, stories and reflections on the place we have called home, the changing landscape of Chapel Hill, the rich histories of struggle in our area, and the many generations of a project that has provided a home for progressive and radical organizing in the South.

Submissions can be sent to ibooks AT internationalistbooks.org. We look forward to hearing and collecting stories, pictures and ephemera and sharing both our inspiring history and this next chapter of this amazing project's life with our community.

---
protection is active.
---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: