ch-scene - [Internationalist] Cindy Crabb, Author of Doris, Reading at Ibooks May 29th

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] Cindy Crabb, Author of Doris, Reading at Ibooks May 29th
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 17:38:11 -0400

Hello all!

Since our May newsletter, we've added an exciting event to the schedule for the end of May.

Thursday, May 29th at 7:00 PM
Internationalist Books and Community Center

Cindy Crabb will be reading from the brand new Doris 31, joined by local zine writers.

Cindy Crabb has been writing the influential, internationally distributed, autobiographical-feminist zine Doris since the early '90's. In it, she explores subjects like consent, feminism, abortion, death, self-image, creativity, shyness, queer identity, addiction, punk and anarchism. Crabb is the editor of the zines Support and Learning Good Consent. She lives in South-East Ohio with her miniature horses, plays in the punk band Snarlas, and is a sexual abuse survivor advocate.

"...zines are a space where third wave feminist theory is emerging, and many scholars don't recognize this because they don't read zines. They should read Doris." -Alison Piepmeier, Author of Girl Zines: Making Media, Doing Feminism

Cindy Crabb's work has been featured in: The Utne Reader, Maximum Rock and Roll, and Cometbus. Her work has also been in such anthologies as We Don't Need Another Wave: Dispatches from the Next Generation of Feminists; Experiencing Abortion: A Weaving of Women's Word; and A Girls Guide to Taking Over the World: Writing From the Girl Zine Revolution. Her diaries and papers are housed at the Schlesinger Library at Radcliffe. She has spoken at colleges, libraries and community centers across the country.

For more info: dorisdorisdoris.com
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/620390708045176
---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: