ch-scene - [Internationalist] This Week: Day of Solidarity w/ Long-Term Anarchist Prisoners

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] This Week: Day of Solidarity w/ Long-Term Anarchist Prisoners
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 07:26:02 -0700

Dear Members,

In this email You will find info on these events:

1)Tues. June 11th, International Day of Solidarity with Long-Term
Anarchist Prisoners
2)Earth First! Round River Rendezvous July 1-8th

1) Tuesday, June 11th @ Internationalist Books @ 7pm
June 11th: international day of solidarity with Marie Mason, Eric McDavid,
and other long term anarchist prisoners

A Letter Writing night to long term anarchist prisoners.
All supplies provided. Including Snacks!!!

More info on June 11th:
June 11th is a means to that end. June 11th is about remembering– not in
the way that we remember a fact or history, but an active remembering: a
re-membering, a putting back together. It is often easier for us to raise
money and generate material support for people who have just been arrested
than for people who have been locked away with many years in prison ahead.
This day is a time for us to concentrate our energy, resources and love on
those people, who cannot be forgotten.

June 11th has also become a staging ground for building our international
ties of solidarity. The last two years have seen an incredible show of
support from people outside of the US for Eric and Marie, and some efforts
within the US to show solidarity to long-term anarchist prisoners in other
places. This year, we hope to have more translations, more
cross-referencing of struggle, and a further broadening of solidarity that
does not take away, but adds. We refuse to recognize their borders; we aim
to make that refusal more tangible.

2)Earth First! Round River Rendezvous July 1-8th

The Round River Rendezvous is the annual gathering of the Earth First!
Movement. Each Summer, this week-long camp-out attracts several hundred
Earth First!ers from around the world. The gathering is coordinated by a
volunteer committee and includes workshops, campaign discussions, campfire
music and a rally with performers and speakers. Perhaps the most important
part of the Round River Rendezvous is the informal networking that goes
on. These gatherings are particularly important for developing a cohesive
activist network and planning actions on a local level.

We are thrilled to announce that Croatan Earth First! will be hosting this
summer’s rendezvous near Boone, NC. The exact location to be announced
close to the week of the event. The spot we are choosing should have
swimming holes and beautiful woods to hike in. This year’s gathering will
also include a trans and women’s section that will include camping, climb
area and workshop space. If you’d like to schedule a training or workshop
in advance for the trans & women’s camp, you can contact us in advance at
cef (at) riseup.net or talk to organizers when you arrive.

As for content at the gathering as a whole, we’ll be offering more earth
skills, plant/mushroom identification, and ecospirituality workshops to
the this year’s gathering as well as medic trainings. We’re looking for
folks to host workshops, and to submit ideas for workshops/panels they’d
like to see.

Thanks for reading,
Solidarity Forever,
Internationalist Books and Community Center

---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: