ch-scene - What's happening now

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet Intervention <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: What's happening now
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 09:40:31 -0400

Greetings from Puppet land,

A huge thanks to all the amazing people that came together to create,
perform, and see City of Frogs!
We got an overwhelming amount of praise, kudos, and great reviews from so
many people across the Triangle. We felt great about the work we did in the
end and had a fabulous season, despite the 6 and 1/2 rain outs. This does
create some financial disparity but, we continue on undeterred. Check out our
new website!
www.paperhand.org

Not surprisingly, we have things brewing on the horizon near and far. From
residencies to parades, and from shows to celebrations. Join us if you can
for any and all of these upcoming events.

* Sat Oct 6th~ Paperhand will be leading a big ole parade at Shakori Hills
Grassroots Festival. Always a ton of fun.
http://shakorihillsgrassroots.org/

* Sun Oct 7th~ Studio reckoning! Come help us clean up our Saxapahaw studio
between 10 and 5pm. We need organizing experts, neatniks, and folks
interested in maybe getting their hands on some outdated puppets perhaps.
Please RSVP if you can come give us a hand reclaiming our space from the
chaos of summer.

* Sat Oct 20th~ 3rd annual Hillsborough Handmade Parade!
With Puppets and creations by all kinds of folks from all over the area.
Sure, come see it. But, consider being in it. Make something and get it the
line up.
contact: Tinka Hillsborough Arts Council 919 757 2181.
http://hillsboroughartscouncil.org/handmade_parade.html

* Wed Oct 31st~ Pumpkins on the bridge in Bynum. A host of artists and
whoever gets it together lines the old walking bridge in Bynum with a crazy
array of carved pumpkins. Come in costume or just come see this fantastic
magical luminary display.

* Nov 1st~ World Premier of The Longest Night A Winter's Tale a full-dome
production at the Morehead Planetarium. This new film that will be projected
on the dome features a host of Paperhand puppets, masks, shadows, and more
all set to the amazing Paperhand band's original score.
This will be the Morehead's new winter show for years to come. Open to the
public for the 1st time on Sat Nov 3rd
www.moreheadplanetarium.org/

* Friday Nov 2nd~ Day of the Dead celebration at the Haw River Ballroom in
Saxapahaw. There will be activities for kids, live latino music, dancing, an
alter for loved ones who have passed on, skull masks and puppets, parade,
stilt walkers and more.

I think that's it for now. We hope to see or hear from you very soon. Thank
you all for your continued love and support.
The Paperhand Crew
www.paperhand.org

  • What's happening now, Paperhand Puppet Intervention, 09/28/2012