ch-scene - [Internationalist] Events and Protest coming up

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] Events and Protest coming up
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 16:57:52 -0400

Dear Members,

We have a lot of exciting events coming up,
including a protest of the school to prison pipeline by NC HEAT on
October 6th. Make sure to check out that and the ALL HANDS ON DECK
Prison Books work day in this email. Thanks again for everyone's
constant support. We couldn't run the store without y'all!

The
Events!

Saturday September 29th @ 9pm- Really Really Free Show with
local punk band Subculture Danger
https://www.facebook.com/SubcultureDanger [1] and possible another band
or two (tba! Le Fomo was originally on the line up but Stephanie is
currently traveling in California)

Saturday October 6th @ 4pm in
Raleigh- NC HEAT and supporters will march on central prison to protest
the school to prison pipeline. The march starts at Washington GT Magnet
Elementary School. Come out and support these inspiring youth who are
fighting against the school system that would destroy them. For more
information go to http://www.facebook.com/events/439525022755199/

Saturday October 13th @ 6:30pm- Copwatch Meeting-- Law enforcement has
a long history of excess, misconduct, and brutality. Even right here in
the Triangle, the Police regularly bend and break the rules they are
supposedly responsible for enforcing. We the people do not have many
tools to fight back. One thing we do have is solidarity. If we hold
hands as one against the Police's malpractice, we are far stronger then
if we fight them alone. It is your right to witness, observe and record
the Police. Join us for a first meeting to share stories, build
friendships and discuss strategies for strong organizing in Chapel
Hill/Carrboro and the Triangle.

ALL HANDS ON DECK!!!! Prison Books
packing day Sunday October 14th. The recent move has left the Prison
Books Collective with a huge backlog. If you are free on Sunday October
14th then please join us for a festive work day where we hack away at
the four months of letters. Please spread the word and tell your
friends. See you there! 621 Hillsborough Rd. in Carrboro
http://prisonbooks.info

Saturday October 20th @ 5:00pm- Author
Reading-- Mike McGuire has co-edited a book that was released by AK
Press, called "We Are Many" which is a collection of reflections on
movement strategy. Check out the books here:
http://www.akpress.org/wearemany.html [2]

Saturday October 27th @ 9pm-
Really Really Free HALLOWEEN SHOW! Come in costume (or not, but
seriously, you should!) for this awesome Halloween-themed show featuring
local punk/ska bands The Hissy Fits-
https://www.facebook.com/thehissyfitsband?ref=ts [3] and SiBANNAC-
https://www.facebook.com/420sibannac?ref=ts [4]

Solidarity,

Internationalist Books and Community Center

Links:
------
[1]
https://www.facebook.com/SubcultureDanger
[2]
http://www.akpress.org/wearemany.html%20
[3]
https://www.facebook.com/thehissyfitsband?ref=ts
[4]
https://www.facebook.com/420sibannac?ref=ts
---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: