ch-scene - Holland Brothers announce new record

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Mark Holland <mrkholland8 AT gmail.com>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Subject: Holland Brothers announce new record
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:59:39 -0400

Greetings All,
Mike and I are announcing today the release of a new record in the
spring on our own* Euramerican Soul <http://euramericansoul.com/>* label.
It is not titled yet, but will feature 10 original and cover songs in the
style of Piedmont blues, Delta blues, ragtime, pre-war, etc. The songs will
be presented in a style reminiscent of our live solo sets, simple and
direct. The record will be available as a CD and online. This is the first
full-length that we have recorded together since 2003. Normally, we might
look at a Kickstarter campaign to finance this, but we have been fortunate
to have an increase in bookings this year and are able to do this in-house.

Video of a performance at Snug Harbor in Charlotte:

That's What the Blues Can Do <http://vimeo.com/45712960>

--
Best regards,

Mark Holland

http://www.reverbnation.com/mrkholland
<http://mrkholland.tumblr.com/>

  • Holland Brothers announce new record, Mark Holland, 09/20/2012