ch-scene - City of Frogs coming soon!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet Intervention <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: City of Frogs coming soon!
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 13:04:44 -0400

Ladies and Gentleman, (sorry for the repeat if you got this earlier in a
different form)

Sound the trumpets and sing it from the hillsides...
Paperhand Puppet Intervention
is proud to present its' 13th annual summer spectacle

"CITY OF FROGS"

This new show is an extraordinary modern fairy tale epic for all ages. An
ancient witch has traded her heart for eternal life with the mysterious Man
of Beasts. A wooden boy, cut free by the Scissors of Fate, sets out on a
journey to help the witch find what has been lost. Ignored by the busy
population of the city, the boy must find friends in strange and forgotten
places... Come see what adventures await!

Using giant puppets, masks, stilts, painted flats, junk, and paper-cut
shadows, Paperhand tells stories that reflect our humanity (or lack there of)
back to us, hoping to inspire people of all ages toward a better world.

FOREST THEATRE in Chapel Hill
Every Fri, Sat, and Sun from Aug 10 thru Sept 9th. Plus Labor Day.
7pm with a 6:20 pre-show
Matinees Sept 2nd and 9th at 3 pm with 2:20 pre-show.
General Admission
$12 adults, $8 kids suggested donation.
No one turned away for lack of funds.

NC MUSEUM OF ART IN RALEIGH
Sept 14, 15, & 16.
7pm with 6:20 pre-show
Tickets and more info http://ncartmuseum.org/buy-tickets/

Please pass it on and help us get the word out.
We've been working very hard and we hope you and your family will join us for
an evening of enchantment from your friendly neighborhood puppeteers.
Thank you!
The Paperhand Crew
http://www.paperhand.org/

  • City of Frogs coming soon!, Paperhand Puppet Intervention, 07/28/2012