ch-scene - Puppets spring into action! Internships?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet Intervention <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Puppets spring into action! Internships?
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 14:52:20 -0400

Hello Paperhand Friends,

Spring has officially arrived and the puppets are on the move. We have been
busy working on our collaboration with the The Morehead Planetarium (see
pictures on our Facebook page). The Longest Night, A Winters Tale will debut
on the Dome in Nov.
Also, we're working on an opera commission with the The Chamber Orchestra of
the Triangle called El Retablo de Maese Pedro or Master Peter's Puppet Show.
Look for that at the Carolina Theater in Durham on May 20th.

We still have some internship positions left.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining Paperhand this summer for
our 13th annual production, then reply to this email and let us know. It is
an awesome experience.

One more thing, some of our dear friends that play music in the Paperhand
shows are in an amazing band called Kairaba! They are finishing up their 1st
cd and need your help to do so. Please check out their Kickstarter Campaign
here...
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/413359223/diali-cissokho-and-kairaba-records-their-debut-alb

Below you can find a list of upcoming events that Paperhand will be at with
shows, parades, and more. Hope to see you there!

*** This Sat March 24th and throughout the next month, come to Southern
Season at University Mall and see our puppets on display for their spring
season celebration. Meet the directors of PPI between 12 and 2.

***Fri and Sat April 20 and 21~The Grand Opening of the Museum of Natural Sciences in
Downtown Raleigh. This Earth Day event will be just that "Grand!" With
activities, bands, and entertainment booked for 24 hours! Paperhand will be parading,
roving and generally adding to the fun on both days. Get more details here...
http://naturalsciences.org/

***Sun April 22nd~ We will do 2 parades at the NC Zoo in Asheboro. Join us
and the animals for a wild fun time. Parade start times are at 11 and 2.

***Sat April 28th~ We will be celebrating the Planet more in Winston-Salem at
the Piedmont Earth Day Fair With parades and roving.
http://www.peanc.org/earth-day-fair

That's probably more than enough for now. Many thanks to all for reading and
your continued love and support. Cheers!
The Paperhand Crew

  • Puppets spring into action! Internships?, Paperhand Puppet Intervention, 03/23/2012