ch-scene - [Internationalist] Events at Internationalist Books--Dec 26-Jan 2

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] Events at Internationalist Books--Dec 26-Jan 2
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 12:11:49 -0500

THIS WEEK!

NOTHING! ENJOY THE WEIRD IN-BETWEEN WINTER HOLIDAYS
WEEK! FEEL FREE TO COME HANG OUT AT THE STORE!

NEXT WEEK!

JANUARY
REALLY REALLY FREE MARKET _SAT JAN 7 2PM (CARRBORO TOWN COMMONS)_

Once
a month two hundred or more people from all walks of life gather at the
commons in the center of our town. They bring everything from jewelry to
firewood to give away, and take whatever they want. There are booths
offering bicycle repair, hairstyling, even tarot readings. People leave
with full-size bed frames and old computers; if they don't have a
vehicle to transport them, volunteer drivers are available. No money
changes hands, no one haggles over the comparative worth of items or
services, nobody is ashamed about being in need.

MYSTERIOUS RABBIT
PUPPET ARMY WINTER TOUR HOMECOMING SHOW: WHAT ARE PRISONS FOR?_ SAT JAN
7 7PM_

Please join Internationalist Books & Community Center in
welcoming back the Mysterious Rabbit Puppet Army from their winter tour!
The local puppet troupe will be performing their homecoming show here at
I-Books!

>From MRPA:"We're excited to bring our summer shows on a
second tour this winter. Our feature show, "What Are Prisons For?", uses
shadow puppets to outline the history of the Prison Industrial Complex
[1] from chattel slavery in the South to today's exploding prison
population."

BEYOND!

"ANTI-CAPITALIST MOVEMENTS IN JAPAN AFTER THE
FUKUSHIMA DISASTER" _THU JAN 12 7PM_

MOVIE NIGHT WITH THE SPECTRUM
DOULA COLLECTIVE "JANE" _FRI JAN 13 7PM_

SHOW! INKYSKULLS W/ THE HISSY
FITS _TUE JAN 16 8PM_

JANUARY POLITICAL PRISONER LETTER WRITING NIGHT
_WED JAN 18 7PM_

CROATAN EARTH FIRST! MOVIE NIGHT _THU JAN 19 7PM_

SHOW! WOODSPIDER, WITH TRAVELING ART SHOW _FRI JAN 20 8PM_

OPEN
MEETING: YATES BUILDING ARRESTEES SUPPORT _MON JAN 23 7PM_

TRANS
DISCUSSION GROUP _WED JAN 25 8PM_

Thank you so much for your continued
support! We hope to see you at some of our upcoming events!

Links:
------
[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_industrial_complex
---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: