ch-scene - Local live performance blog

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Joseph Churpek <joseph.churpek AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Local live performance blog
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 11:08:42 -0400

Hey guys,

For those I've not met... I'm the 25% Chapel Hill in Antibubbles and hold
down the fuzzy low end.

I recently picked up a decent video camera and an excellent stereo mic. I'm
considering starting a live music blog to give exposure to some of the
lesser known bands in the Triangle.

I envision it as such...

1. I contact band/or band contacts me...
2. We pick a date where I'll show up and get footage from a couple songs.
(guest list plz??)
3. I'll edit it down, let them pick which song they like, and then write up
a blog. Perhaps with a short interview.

Isn't that Sound Situations? Nah, mine's just a blog of the live performance
and won't have all the other video. This is meant to enhance the reach of
local coverage and get bands that Sound Sit might not get around to. If they
are covering the big leagues, I want to get the AAA bands and give them a
chance to show what they're up to.

Ok! I'm writing you because I need a guinea pig. Any bands want to volunteer
to go first?

Also... if any of the more well known bands want to do your scene a solid by
appearing one time that'd be great too. It will help drive attention to the
blog, ultimately giving attention to the little guy.

That's my proposal... hit me up if you're interested.

  • Local live performance blog, Joseph Churpek, 10/21/2011