ch-scene - Oct calendar, workshops, and more!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet Intervention <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Oct calendar, workshops, and more!
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 12:32:23 -0400

Hello Friends of Paperhand,
We are thrilled to be continuing our work here in the Triangle with your
support and love. Thank you all so much for all you do for us. We have a full
plate with lots of gigs all over the state as well as our collaboration with
the Moorhead Planetarium.
Please read below for more details. Thanks!

Calendar:
Oct 8th~ Parade at the NC ZOO with all the animals we can bring.
Check the Zoo website for details http://www.nczoo.org/events/calendar.html

Oct 9th~ Shakori Hills Grassroots Festival. We'll be playing music with the
Paperahnd Band with lots of favorites form past shows as well as some Jimmy
Magoo classics at the Cabaret Tent @ noon. Then, our annual giant parade will
circle the grounds and celebrate the Earth, energy, and life.
http://www.shakorihills.org/

Oct 13th and 20th~ Halloween Mask Making Workshop with Donovan Zimmerman.
Thursdays 6:00-9:00
Price- $70
Get ready for Halloween this year with award winning puppeteer, Donovan
Zimmerman and this exciting workshop. Explore the process of making a
beautifully hand-crafted mask and bring your best Halloween ideas to life!
Week 1
· Students learn to sculpt the mold for their mask from clay.
· Students build their mask using papier-mâché.
Week 2
· Students paint their masks and add finishing touches.
· Students learn how to wear and make the most of their new
masks.
All materials are provided with the cost of the workshop. All students will
leave with their own hand-crafted mask!
To register contact Lawruh Lindsey at lalalawruh AT gmail.com!

Oct 20-23rd~ LEAF festival in Black Mtn NC. We'll be doing "The Big Tent Cabaret
Show" as well as being a part of a huge parade that you can join in on. We hope to
see you there.http://theleaf.org/

Oct 28th~ Halloween "Spooktacular" in Downtown Burlington NC
http://www.burlingtonrecreation.org/home/item/8-2011-halloween-spooktacular

Nov 1st~ Burrito Bash fundraiser for www.paperhand.org and
http://theabundancefoundation.org/. with a live auction of retired puppets
for your collection. Other suprizes are being brewed up as we speak for this
super fun event with music, auction, and more. Go to the Pittsboro General
store Cafe' website for location and other info
http://www.thegeneralstorecafe.com/

  • Oct calendar, workshops, and more!, Paperhand Puppet Intervention, 10/01/2011