ch-scene - The Onyx Club Boys in this Saturday in Saxapahaw!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Saxapahaw <tom AT hawriverballroom.com>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: The Onyx Club Boys in this Saturday in Saxapahaw!
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 03:36:45 -0000

= NewsletterSaturdays in Saxapahaw with The Onyx Club Boys this Saturday in Saxap=ahaw!!! only 3
shows left this season--keep your eye on the Haw RiverBallr= oom - great shows ahead!!=The
Saxapahaw Farmers' Market and Music Series celebrates summer thisSatur= day! Market Runs from 5-8
Bands Play 6-8. Come on along!!!(Sched below- click Saturdays in Saxa= pahaw for the band
schedule.)PARKING UPDATE: NO MORE PARKING ON THE STREET BETWEEN THE BRID= GEINTERSECTION AND THE
GENERAL STORE - PLEASE PARK IN THE BACK MEADOW -RO= OM FOR EVERYONE AND SAFEST PLACE TO PARK -
PULL IN AT THE FIRSTPARK AND WA= LK SIGN ON THE RIGHT AS YOU ENTER SAXAPAHAW FROM 54
---------------- Phil Cook (of Megafaun) and his Feat, Dirty Bourbon River Show andOnward, =
Soldiers play the Haw River Ballroom August 18 get your PhilCook Tickets !SALSA SAXAPAHAW!
Orquesta GarDel will be playing the Haw River BallroomAug= ust 26th! Get your Orquesta GarDel
Tickets ! The Lizzy Ross Bandwill be having their record release at the Haw River Ba= llroom
Sept30th! Get your Lizzy Ross Band Tickets ! Pavement frontman StephenMalkmus and the Jicks will
be playing the HAW RIV= ER BALLROOM OCT 1Get your Malkmus Tickets Did you see the article in THE
WASHINGTON POSTon Saxapahaw ? FREE SUNDAY NIGHT PICKIN' SESSION AT THE HAW RIVERBALLROOM w/
Bubbadoc's A= coustic Community - EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT6:30-9:30 THIS WEEK Bluegrass!!! - c= ome play
or come listen -- allare welcome! and the Saxapahaw Show Choir ha= s started 35 members camefor
the first week!! Come on along every Monday n= ight at 7.This week at the FARMERS' MARKET
!Farm-fresh, pasture raised eggs Eggs,Bea= ns, Leafy Yumminess - -Honey, Granola!, Cheese, Wine,
Breads,Cookies, Ice = Cream, Pork, Beef, Chutney, Jams and Jellies, Coffee,and Veggies &
Produce= of all sorts!! We have many new farmers andcrafters joining the market th= is year let's
give them a SaxapahawWelcome! and FRONT PORCH CRAFTS!! Featuring many new fine local artsand
crafts, bea= utifully handmade pottery, wooden boxes, jewelry,soaps, toys, birdhouses, = furniture
and more!Sorry but DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THE EVENT AND NO SMOKING IN THE M=ARKET OR KIDS AREAS.
Did you see this week's INDY ARTS AWARD ONSAXAPAHAW!!!2011 Band Schedule: August 27 Rye Mountain
BoysOktoberfest Oct 22You can now follow the market on = FACEBOOK under SXPHW with lots ofgreat
conversations and tidbits about= town--MOST PEOPLE ARE GETTINGTHEIR INFORMATION THIS WAY!!! and on
TWITTER for 140 character detailsand= updates throughout the week on special events, bands, and
farmers- spread= the word!Check out the website for lists of Farmers, Bands and Special Events!
>Saturday events take place outside in downtown Saxapahaw next to thePost O= ffice.FEED THE
SWAN! THe money goes ot the great bands!!PLEASE PARK IN THE MEADOWS BEHIND THE MARKET- We have
chalked in 90+parkin= g spaces on hilltop and beneath the water tower. NO NEED TOWALK ON THE ROA=
D PICK UP A PARKING GUIDE AT THE INFO TABLE NEXT TOTHE STAGE - - please p= ark off the road and be
safe! NO MORE PARKINGON THE ROAD BEWTEEN THE BRIDG= E AND THE GENERAL STORE!All events are free
but we do pass the Swan Bucket around to raisemoney fo= r the bands each week. Please be kind and
throw in a donationso we can ke= ep great music on the HayWagon Stage!The Onyx Club Boys! Phil
Cook (of Megafaun) and his Feat, Dirty Bourbon River Show andOnward, = Soldiers play the Haw River
Ballroom August 18 get your PhilCook Tickets !  SAXAPAHAW'S NEW COFFEESHOP IS OPEN!! VISIT CUP 22
ONTHE SECOND LEVEL OF TH= E HAW RIVER BALLROOM FOR ICE COLD DRINKS! BUYTICKETS TO THE FUNDRAISER
AT SAXAPAHAW BENEFIT FOR AFICAN WOMEN FARMERSHaw River Canoe and Kayak Company now renting boats
for $10 an hour onLake= Louise from 4-6 on Saturdays - call to book a boat! 336.260.6465Thanks SO
MUCH to our sponsors including the The Saxapahaw RivermillThe Saxapahaw General Store The Eddy The
Haw River Ballroom, TheHawBridge School = Benjamin Vineyards Open Eye Caf= e, TownsendBertram,
Alph= in Design Build, Clearscapes, CT Wilson, Newfangled andTurtle Run Farm's wonderful Use Yer
Foot! HARDHAT MILL TOURS THISWEEKEND! Sneak peak at the new geothermal and solar= lofts begins
inJune. Contact 336 376 3122 for for information.Mac Jordan of the Saxapahaw Rivermill will be
running "before and afterbeh= ind the scenes" Mill Tours this Saturday including the
Marketplaceand gree= n lofts- Tours will include the renovated lower mill, andsections of the u=
pper mill -(For more information contact the Rivermill office= s at 336 376 3122)= &copy;
Saxapahaw Rivermill Farmers' Market and Music Series For More Information Please Call 336- 376-
5694 = If you do not wish to be on this list just let us know. We apologizefor an= y
inconvienience. Unsubscribe from this newsletter.
From newsgate AT newsguy.com Mon Aug 15 10:14:47 2011
To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
From: John <john.hite.jr AT gmail.com>
Sender: newsgate AT newsguy.com
Subject: Blues N Brews, Sunday Jazz, MUCH MORE!
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:14:47 -0000

The Broad Street Cafe 1116 Broad Street in Durham
www.TheBroadStreetCafe.com

Wednesday, August 17
� 6:30P Blues N' Brews Tri-Beer - The Triangle Beer Meet Up Peak
Organic's Summer Session Ale
� 8P Continuum Blues Jam

Thursday, August 18
� 8:30P William Michael Dillon - Album Release Event

Friday, August 19
� 8:30P Brit Price (alt/indie/pop)
� 10P Strange Little Folk (alt folk)

Saturday, August 20
� 8:30P Equinox (jazz/blues)
� 10P Soulstice 7th (r&b/soul/indie soul)

Sunday, August 21
� 7:30 Sunday Night Jazz Series featuring Straight Up Jazz Band

The Broad Street Cafe 1116 Broad Street in Durham
www.TheBroadStreetCafe.com

  • The Onyx Club Boys in this Saturday in Saxapahaw!, Saxapahaw, 08/12/2011