ch-scene - FRIDAY house show! Schooner/ Alex Bleeker & The Freaks (NJ/Woodsist)/ Flower Orgy (NY)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Craig Powell <craigpowell AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: FRIDAY house show! Schooner/ Alex Bleeker & The Freaks (NJ/Woodsist)/ Flower Orgy (NY)
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 16:50:03 -0400

hey y'all,

once again, there are 3 AMAZING bands playing here at the Layabout on a
FRIDAY night... That's THIS Friday, August 12th to be exact! as always,
it's gonna be all-ages, BYOB, $6 rec. donation. please show up around 8pm;
free beers and possibly food for earlybirds! FUN will be had!

- SCHOONER are playing!! They're one of my favorite bands and one of the
best in the Triangle! They're also one of the 1st few bands to play Layabout
(before I'd "named" the place!) and I'm always stoked to see their uniquely
NC blend of indie-pop/soul/folk! You can catch them here at Layabout before
they rawk a sold-out Cradle with Archers of Loaf a few days later!
http://schoonermusic.com

- ALEX BLEEKER & THE FREAKS (NJ/Woodsist) are on the road in NC for the 1st
time! Alex plays psych-folk that should appeal to fans of Neil Young with
Crazy Horse, Mount Eerie, Woods, etc. Alex and some of his band also make up
part of the also-rad band Real Estate. http://myspace.com/alexble
eker<http://myspace.com/alexbleeker>

- FLOWER ORGY (NY) are a psych-folk girlgroup from NY, on tour with Alex &
co. Altered Zones sez: "Full of gristled licks, co-ed vocal harmonies, and
surprise chord changes...could easily be a lost New England fire pit jam
between the defunct Vermont psych-folk collective Feathers and the Magik
Markers at their most unhinged." http://flowerorgy.bandcamp
.com<http://flowerorgy.bandcamp.com/>

the Layabout is 2702 Lawndale Ave. in Durham. shows are open to the public
but please remember to bring paper money for the bands!

here's the Facebook event... feel free to invite those who ought to be in
the know!
http://facebook.com/event.php?eid=216979055020070<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=216979055020070>

yrs,
Craig Layabout

the-layabout.com
moderncountryrecords.com
triangleshowlist.com

  • FRIDAY house show! Schooner/ Alex Bleeker & The Freaks (NJ/Woodsist)/ Flower Orgy (NY), Craig Powell, 08/09/2011