ch-scene - Re: Stuff to do, week of August 3, 2011

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: kym register <kym.register AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to do, week of August 3, 2011
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 10:48:00 -0400

Howdy,

Just quickly wanted to mention that we have added two folks to the line up
on Friday w. Bronzed Chorus and This Piano Plays Itself:

*Andrew Cedarmark*<http://www.pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14628-moon-deluxe/>
– The former Titus Andronicus axeman takes his old band’s shout along
aesthetic and twists it inward. This is beautiful, introspective, and deeply
affecting, and yet really loud and rockin’.
*Matt Northrup* <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKOc88WjA_Y> – A glorious
aural wave of guitar textures and effects, coalescing into – yes – actual
songs. The depth of this guy’s playing belies his young age.

Thank ye,
The Pinhook

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 11:48 PM, Ross Grady <grady AT ibiblio.org> wrote:

> Wednesday, August 3
> The Bamfs (http://www.facebook.com/thebamfs)
> We Still Dream (http://www.myspace.com/westilldream)
> The Cave, Chapel Hill
>

> Wednesday, August 3
> Cheezface
> Treeclimbr
> Dugout Canoe
> MMCIII
> Nightlight, Chapel Hill
>

> Wednesday, August 3
> Corvette Summer
> Slim's, Raleigh
>

> Thursday, August 4
> Kid Future (http://kidfuture.bandcamp.com/)
> The Big Picture (http://www.facebook.com/pa
> ges/The-Big-Picture/369620​314091)
> Tir Na Nog, Raleigh
>

> Thursday, August 4
> Thee Dirtybeats (http://www.reverbnation.com/theedirtybeats)
> P-90s
> The Pinhook, Durham
>
> Garage-rock from folks who've been studying it for a generation or two.
>

> Thursday, August 4
> Inspector 22
> Birds & Arrows (http://www.myspace.com/birdsandarrows)
> All Day Records, Carrboro
>
> I once saw Inspector 22 play a show that involved taking a nap on a
> cot at Schoolkids Records.
>

> Thursday, August 4
> Make (http://www.myspace.com/thebandmake)
> Enoch (http://www.myspace.com/enochnc)
> The Casbah, Durham
>
> Casbah continues to distinguish itself as the place for heavy shows in
> Durham (while simultaneously still booking a lot of sit-down Americana
> type shows on other nights). Make are another really interesting local
> metal band who, like Tooth before them, don't seem to be too into the
> sharp genre lines that usually separate the Metal Nation into dozens
> of warring factions.
>

> Thursday, August 4
> Stratocruiser (http://www.stratocruisermusic.com/)
> Multiples
> The Cave, Chapel Hill
>

> Thursday, August 4
> Ojos Rojos
> Flying Snakes
> Nightlight, Chapel Hill
>
> According to Nightlight, Ojos Rojos = "members of Shit Horse +
> Americans in France + Gross Ghost"
>

> Thursday, August 4
> Motorbilly (http://www.myspace.com/motorbilly)
> Flat Tires
> Junkrod Joe
> Slim's, Raleigh
>

> Friday, August 5
> Wigg Report (http://www.reverbnation.com/thewiggreport)
> Joy in Red (http://www.facebook.com/joyinred)
> The Cave, Chapel Hill
>
> Two of the most Durham of Durham bands, venturing far away from home
> into the strange world of Orange County. I hope the Joy in Red guys
> are giving the Wiggs a ride to the gig, because I can't imagine trying
> to navigate 15-501 on bikes pulling trailers full of gear. Be safe,
> Wiggs!
>

> Friday, August 5
> Lizzy Ross (http://www.reverbnation.com/lizzyross)
> [...]

Kym Register
kym.register AT gmail.com
919.923.2044

Midtown Dickens:
www.myspace.com/midtowndickens

For booking @ The Pinhook please only use:
pinhookbooking AT gmail.com
www.thepinhook.com

  • Re: Stuff to do, week of August 3, 2011, kym register, 08/03/2011