ch-scene - JOHN HOWIE JR AND THE SWEETHEARTS in this Saturday in Saxapahaw!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Saxapahaw <tom AT hawriverballroom.com>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: JOHN HOWIE JR AND THE SWEETHEARTS in this Saturday in Saxapahaw!
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 13:47:05 -0000

= NewsletterSaturdays in Saxapahaw with JOHN HOWIE JR AND THE SWEETHEARTS this Sa=turday in
Saxapahaw!!!=Did you see this week's INDY ARTS AWARD ON SAXAPAHAW!!! The SaxapahawFarmers' Market
and Music Series celebrates summer this Satur= day!Market Runs from 5-8 Bands Play 6-8. Come on
along!!! (Sched below-click Saturdays in Saxa= pahaw for the band schedule.)PARKING UPDATE: NO
MORE PARKING ON THE STREET BETWEEN THE BRID= GEINTERSECTION AND THE GENERAL STORE - PLEASE PARK IN
THE BACK MEADOW -RO= OM FOR EVERYONE AND SAFEST PLACE TO PARK - PULL IN AT THE FIRSTPARK AND WA=
LK SIGN ON THE RIGHT AS YOU ENTER SAXAPAHAW FROM 54 ---------------- Phil Cook (of Megafaun) and
his Feat, Dirty Bourbon River Show andOnward, = Soldiers play the Haw River Ballroom August 18 get
your PhilCook Tickets !SALSA SAXAPAHAW! Orquesta GarDel will be playing the Haw River BallroomAug=
ust 26th! Get your Orquesta GarDel Tickets ! The Lizzy Ross Bandwill be having their record
release at the Haw River Ba= llroom Sept30th! Get your Lizzy Ross Band Tickets ! Pavement frontman
StephenMalkmus and the Jicks will be playing the HAW RIV= ER BALLROOM OCT 1Get your Malkmus
Tickets FREE SUNDAY NIGHT PICKIN' SESSION AT THE HAWRIVER BALLROOM w/ Bubbadoc's A= coustic
Community - EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT6:30-9:30 THIS WEEK Bluegrass!!! - c= ome play or come listen --
allare welcome! and the Saxapahaw Show Choir ha= s started 35 members camefor the first week!!
Come on along every Monday n= ight at 7.This week at the FARMERS' MARKET !Farm-fresh, pasture
raised eggs Eggs,Bea= ns, Leafy Yumminess - -Honey, Granola!, Cheese, Wine, Breads,Cookies, Ice =
Cream, Pork, Beef, Chutney, Jams and Jellies, Coffee,and Veggies & Produce= of all sorts!! We
have many new farmers andcrafters joining the market th= is year let's give them a
SaxapahawWelcome! and FRONT PORCH CRAFTS!! Featuring many new fine local artsand crafts, bea=
utifully handmade pottery, wooden boxes, jewelry,soaps, toys, birdhouses, = furniture and
more!Sorry but DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THE EVENT AND NO SMOKING IN THE M=ARKET OR KIDS AREAS.2011
Band Schedule: August 13 Onyx Club BoysAugust 20 Lizzy Ross BandAugust 27 Rye Mountain
BoysOktoberfest Oct 22You can now follow the market on = FACEBOOK under SXPHW with lots ofgreat
conversations and tidbits about= town--MOST PEOPLE ARE GETTINGTHEIR INFORMATION THIS WAY!!! and on
TWITTER for 140 character detailsand= updates throughout the week on special events, bands, and
farmers- spread= the word!Check out the website for lists of Farmers, Bands and Special Events!
>Saturday events take place outside in downtown Saxapahaw next to thePost O= ffice.FEED THE
SWAN! THe money goes ot the great bands!!PLEASE PARK IN THE MEADOWS BEHIND THE MARKET- We have
chalked in 90+parkin= g spaces on hilltop and beneath the water tower. NO NEED TOWALK ON THE ROA=
D PICK UP A PARKING GUIDE AT THE INFO TABLE NEXT TOTHE STAGE - - please p= ark off the road and be
safe! NO MORE PARKINGON THE ROAD BEWTEEN THE BRIDG= E AND THE GENERAL STORE!All events are free
but we do pass the Swan Bucket around to raisemoney fo= r the bands each week. Please be kind and
throw in a donationso we can ke= ep great music on the HayWagon Stage!JOHN HOWIE JR AND THE
SWEETHEARTS !SAXAPAHAW'S NEW COFFEESHOP IS OPEN!! VISIT CUP 22 ON THE SECOND LEVELOF TH= E HAW
RIVER BALLROOM FOR ICE COLD DRINKS! Did you see thearticle in THE WASHINGTON POST on Saxapahaw
this pas= t weekend?Haw River Canoe and Kayak Company now renting boats for $10 an hour onLake=
Louise from 4-6 on Saturdays - call to book a boat! 336.260.6465Thanks SO MUCH to our sponsors
including the The Saxapahaw RivermillThe Saxapahaw General Store The Eddy The Haw River Ballroom,
TheHawBridge School = Benjamin Vineyards Open Eye Caf= e, TownsendBertram, Alph= in Design Build,
Clearscapes, CT Wilson, Newfangled andTurtle Run Farm's wonderful Use Yer Foot! HARDHAT MILL TOURS
THISWEEKEND! Sneak peak at the new geothermal and solar= lofts begins inJune. Contact 336 376 3122
for for information.Mac Jordan of the Saxapahaw Rivermill will be running "before and
afterbeh= ind the scenes" Mill Tours this Saturday including the Marketplaceand gree= n
lofts- Tours will include the renovated lower mill, andsections of the u= pper mill -(For more
information contact the Rivermill office= s at 336 376 3122)= &copy; Saxapahaw Rivermill
Farmers' Market and Music Series For More Information Please Call 336- 376- 5694 = If you do not
wish to be on this list just let us know. We apologizefor an= y inconvienience. Unsubscribe from
this newsletter.
From internationalistbooks-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org Sat Jul 30 13:16:42 2011
From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [Internationalist] Demonstration TOMORROW 7/31 6:30 pm in Raleigh
(Pelican Bay Solidarity)

<mailto:internationalistbooks-request AT lists.ibiblio.org?subject=unsubscribe>

<mailto:internationalistbooks-request AT lists.ibiblio.org?subject=subscribe>
To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
Sender: internationalistbooks-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:16:49 -0000

--==============$80111771735726983=Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Prisoners in the Security Housing Unit (SHU) at California's Pelican
Bay State Prison began a 20-day hunger strike on July 1, 2011 to protest
the cruel and inhumane conditions of their imprisonment, and soon they
were joined by at least 6600 prisoners in 11 different California
prisons. In the meantime thousands of supporters outside the prison
system have rallied in cities all across the U.S., Canada and Australia
to express their support for the striking prisoners.

This Sunday July
31st at 6:30pm concerned individuals from all over the Triad are
planning to protest in front of the Central Prison on Western Blvd in
Raleigh as a show of solidarity with the thousands of California
prisoners who are continuing the hunger strike that began at the Pelican
Bay facility. Protestors will also be condemning the wave of police
violence and assassination against the poor and communities of color in
California, of which Oscar Grant, and more recently Kenneth Harding and
Charles Hill, were casualties, unarmed and helplessly murdered by the
Oakland and San Francisco BART Police Departments.

Additionally,
protestors will be condemning and drawing attention to the unprovoked
arrests of 26 Seattle anarchist comrades this past weekend (July 22nd
and 23rd), 7 of whom were brutally attacked in their own home with
shovels, Tasers, and batons by members of the Seattle PD.

This Sunday's
event will follow on the heels of a similar event held in front of the
Guilford County Jail in downtown Greensboro this past Sunday July 24th,
in which 40 people held anti-prison banners and signs, chanted, and
banged on drums and pots and pans to show their support for the
California hunger strikers, the "Seattle 23," the "Asheville 11," anyone
who has ever experienced police repression or whose loved ones have been
murdered by police, and individuals and groups engaged in prison
resistance everywhere, whether behind bars or on the outside.

An
overview of the California prisoners' demands, along with additional
information about the hunger strike, be found at
http://prisonerhungerstrikesolidarity.wordpress.com/

More information
about attacks by police in Seattle can be found at:
www.pugetsoundanarchists.org

--==============$80111771735726983=Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="us-ascii"

---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: