ch-scene - TOM MAXWELL and the Minor Drag in this Saturday in Saxapahaw!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Saxapahaw <tom AT hawriverballroom.com>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: TOM MAXWELL and the Minor Drag in this Saturday in Saxapahaw!
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 23:13:19 -0400

= NewsletterSaturdays in Saxapahaw with former Squirrel Nut Zipper Frontman Tom M=axwell and the
Minor Drag in this Saturday in Saxapahaw!!!=Did you see THE WASHINGTON POST on Saxapahaw? The
Saxapahaw Farmers'Market and Music Series celebrates summer this Satur= day! Market Runsfrom 5-8
Bands Play 6-8. Come on along!!! (Sched below- click Saturdaysin Saxa= pahaw for the band
schedule.) ---------------- SALSA SAXAPAHAW! Orquesta GarDel will be playing the Haw RiverBallroom
Aug= ust 26th! Get your Orquesta GarDel Tickets ! Pavementfrontman Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks
will be playing the HAW RIV= ERBALLROOM OCT 1 Get your Malkmus Tickets FREE SUNDAY NIGHT
PICKIN'SESSION AT THE HAW RIVER BALLROOM w/ Bubbadoc's A= coustic Community -EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT
6:30-9:30 THIS WEEK FOLK ROCK JAM!!!= - come play orcome listen -- all are welcome! and the
Saxapahaw Show Choi= r startsMonday July 18th!! at 7.This week at the FARMERS' MARKET !Farm-fresh,
pasture raised eggs Eggs,Bea= ns, Leafy Yumminess - -Honey, Granola!, Cheese, Wine,
Breads,Cookies, Ice = Cream, Pork, Beef, Chutney, Jams and Jellies, Coffee,and Veggies &
Produce= of all sorts!! We have many new farmers andcrafters joining the market th= is year let's
give them a SaxapahawWelcome! and FRONT PORCH CRAFTS!! Featuring many new fine local artsand
crafts, bea= utifully handmade pottery, wooden boxes, jewelry,soaps, toys, birdhouses, = furniture
and more!Sorry but DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THE EVENT AND NO SMOKING IN THE M=ARKET OR KIDS
AREAS.2011 Band Schedule: July 16 Acoustic MannerJuly 23 Big Fat GapJuly 30 John Howie Jr and the
SweetheartsAugust 6 Django HaskinsAugust 13 Onyx Club BoysAugust 20 Lizzy Ross BandAugust 27 Rye
Mountain BoysOktoberfest Oct 22You can now follow the market on = FACEBOOK under SXPHW with lots
ofgreat conversations and tidbits about= town--MOST PEOPLE ARE GETTINGTHEIR INFORMATION THIS
WAY!!! and on TWITTER for 140 character detailsand= updates throughout the week on special events,
bands, and farmers- spread= the word!Check out the website for lists of Farmers, Bands and Special
Events! >Saturday events take place outside in downtown Saxapahaw next to thePost O= ffice.FEED
THE SWAN! THe money goes ot the great bands!!PLEASE PARK IN THE MEADOWS BEHIND THE MARKET- We have
chalked in 90+parkin= g spaces on hilltop and beneath the water tower. NO NEED TOWALK ON THE ROA=
D PICK UP A PARKING GUIDE AT THE INFO TABLE NEXT TOTHE STAGE - - please p= ark off the road and be
safe!All events are free but we do pass the Swan Bucket around to raisemoney fo= r the bands each
week. Please be kind and throw in a donationso we can ke= ep great music on the HayWagon Stage!Tom
Maxwell and the Minor Drag !Did you see the article in THE WASHINGTON POST on Saxapahaw this pas=
tweekend?Haw River Canoe and Kayak Company now renting boats for $10 an hour onLake= Louise from
4-6 on Saturdays - call to book a boat! 336.260.6465Thanks SO MUCH to our sponsors including the
The Saxapahaw RivermillThe Saxapahaw General Store The Eddy The Haw River Ballroom, TheHawBridge
School = Benjamin Vineyards Open Eye Caf= e, TownsendBertram, Alph= in Design Build, Clearscapes,
CT Wilson, Newfangled andTurtle Run Farm's wonderful Use Yer Foot! HARDHAT MILL TOURS THISWEEKEND!
Sneak peak at the new geothermal and solar= lofts begins inJune. Contact 336 376 3122 for for
information.Mac Jordan of the Saxapahaw Rivermill will be running "before and afterbeh= ind
the scenes" Mill Tours this Saturday including the Marketplaceand gree= n lofts- Tours will
include the renovated lower mill, andsections of the u= pper mill -(For more information contact
the Rivermill office= s at 336 376 3122)= &copy; Saxapahaw Rivermill Farmers' Market and Music
Series For More Information Please Call 336- 376- 5694 = If you do not wish to be on this list
just let us know. We apologizefor an= y inconvienience. Unsubscribe from this newsletter.