ch-scene - Birds and Arrows (not Midtown Dickens) in this Saturday in Saxapahaw!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Saxapahaw <tom AT hawriverballroom.com>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Birds and Arrows (not Midtown Dickens) in this Saturday in Saxapahaw!
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 17:12:20 -0000

= NewsletterSaturdays in Saxapahaw with BIRDS AND ARROWS!!!=Midtown Dickens was invited to tour with
The Mountain Goats and so wewill = be sure to reschedule them when they are back! The
SaxapahawFarmers' Market and Music Series celebrates summer this Satur= day!Market Runs from 5-8 Bands
Play 6-8. Come on along!!! (Sched below-click Saturdays in Saxa= pahaw for the band schedule.)
---------------- FREE SUNDAY NIGHT PICKIN' SESSION AT THE HAW RIVER BALLROOM w/Bubbadoc's A= coustic
Community - EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT 6:30-9:30 THISWEEK Folk Rock JAM - = come play or come listen -- all
are welcome! andthe Saxapahaw Show Choir s= tarts Monday June 27!! at 7.This week at the FARMERS'
MARKET !Farm-fresh, pasture raised eggs Eggs,Bea= ns, Leafy Yumminess - -Honey, Granola!, Cheese,
Wine, Breads,Cookies, Ice = Cream, Pork, Beef, Chutney, Jams and Jellies, Coffee,and Veggies &
Produce= of all sorts!! We have many new farmers andcrafters joining the market th= is year let's give
them a SaxapahawWelcome! and FRONT PORCH CRAFTS!! Featuring many new fine local artsand crafts, bea=
utifully handmade pottery, wooden boxes, jewelry,soaps, toys, birdhouses, = furniture and more!Sorry
but DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THE EVENT AND NO SMOKING IN THE M=ARKET OR KIDS AREAS.2011 Band Schedule:
June 25 Katharine Whalen & Her FascinatorsJuly 2 Justin Robinson and the Mary AnnettesJuly 9 Tom
Maxwell and the Minor DragJuly 16 Acoustic MannerJuly 23 Big Fat GapJuly 30 John Howie Jr and the
SweetheartsAugust 6 Django HaskinsAugust 13 Onyx Club BoysAugust 20 Lizzy Ross BandAugust 27 Rye
Mountain BoysOktoberfest Oct 22You can now follow the market on = FACEBOOK under SXPHW with lots
ofgreat conversations and tidbits about= town--MOST PEOPLE ARE GETTINGTHEIR INFORMATION THIS WAY!!!
and on TWITTER for 140 character detailsand= updates throughout the week on special events, bands, and
farmers- spread= the word!Check out the website for lists of Farmers, Bands and Special Events!
>Saturday events take place outside in downtown Saxapahaw next to thePost O= ffice.FEED THE SWAN!
THe money goes ot the great bands!!PLEASE PARK IN THE MEADOWS BEHIND THE MARKET- We have chalked in
90+parkin= g spaces on hilltop and beneath the water tower. NO NEED TOWALK ON THE ROA= D PICK UP A
PARKING GUIDE AT THE INFO TABLE NEXT TOTHE STAGE - - please p= ark off the road and be safe!All events
are free but we do pass the Swan Bucket around to raisemoney fo= r the bands each week. Please be kind
and throw in a donationso we can ke= ep great music on the HayWagon Stage!Birds and Arrows!!First
official show in the Ballroom was a sold out show w/ The LoveLanguag= e - The Old Ceremony and
Paperhand Puppet's Lumanity Show -we'll be postin= g the upcoming schedule soon and the Coffee
Shopshould open mid June!Haw River Canoe and Kayak Company now renting boats for $10 an hour onLake=
Louise from 4-6 on Saturdays - call to book a boat! 336.260.6465Thanks SO MUCH to our sponsors
including the The Saxapahaw RivermillThe Saxapahaw General Store The Eddy The Haw River Ballroom,
TheHawBridge School = Benjamin Vineyards Open Eye Caf= e, TownsendBertram, Alph= in Design Build,
Clearscapes, CT Wilson, Newfangled andTurtle Run Farm's wonderful Use Yer Foot! HARDHAT MILL TOURS
THISWEEKEND! Sneak peak at the new geothermal and solar= lofts begins inJune. Contact 336 376 3122 for
for information.Mac Jordan of the Saxapahaw Rivermill will be running "before and afterbeh= ind
the scenes" Mill Tours this Saturday including the Marketplaceand gree= n lofts- Tours will
include the renovated lower mill, andsections of the u= pper mill -(For more information contact the
Rivermill office= s at 336 376 3122)= &copy; Saxapahaw Rivermill Farmers' Market and Music Series
For More Information Please Call 336- 376- 5694 = If you do not wish to be on this list just let us
know. We apologizefor an= y inconvienience. Unsubscribe from this newsletter.
From internationalistbooks-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org Wed Jun 15 18:03:26 2011
From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [Internationalist] New Derrick Jensen book in!

<mailto:internationalistbooks-request AT lists.ibiblio.org?subject=unsubscribe>

<mailto:internationalistbooks-request AT lists.ibiblio.org?subject=subscribe>
To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
Sender: internationalistbooks-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 22:03:27 -0000

Internationalist Folks,

Our long awaited shipment of Deep Green Resistance by Derrick Jensen,
Aric McBay, and Lierre Keith has just arrived! I know some of you were
waiting for it, and we thank you for your patience!

For those of you not familiar with the book, from the back cover:

In their long-awaited how-to guide for the deep green ecology
movement, the authors make the case that technology won't fix the
environmental problems we face, and consumption - no matter how green
- is only accelerating the earth's decline. But there is a way to save
the planet, the authors contend, if we are brave enough to accept it:
we must join together and dismantle the industrial economy.

We hope to see you at the store soon!

--
John

Internationalist Books