ch-scene - [Internationalist] This Week's Events! June 27-July 4, 2011

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] This Week's Events! June 27-July 4, 2011
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 16:19:09 -0400

**THIS WEEK!**

BOOK DISCUSSION: "Work: Capitalism. Economics. Resistance" Wed June 29 @ 7pm
This Wednesday everyone who has read the new CrimethInc. book, Work,
isinvited to discuss the subjects it brings up. Bring questions, discussion
topics, and points of departure. We'll provide snacks and other brilliant and
fascinating people with whom you can compare notes.

>From the release announcement of the book:

After so much technological progress, why do we have to work more than ever
before? How is it that the harder we work, the poorer we end up compared to
our bosses? When the economy crashes, why do people focus on protecting their
jobs when no one likes working in the first place? Can capitalism survive
another century of crises?

http://www.crimethinc.com/books/work.html

GRAFFITI MOVIE NIGHT: "Piece By Piece" Thu June 30 @ 7pm
Piece By Piece is a documentary film directed by Nic Hill,documenting San
Francisco's graffiti culture from the early 1980s to 2004. It is narrated by
San Francisco graffiti artist Senor One, better known as Renos.

REALLY REALLY FREE MARKET Sat July 2 @ 2pm
At the Carrboro Town Commons. As always, the RRFM occurs on the first
Saturday of every month. You know you've been hearing about it for a long
time, so why don't you check it out! Bring what you want, take what you need!
This includes unneeded items, food, skills and talents such as entertainment
or haircuts.

Internationalist Books will be there with the free book table, so drop by and
see us :)

**NEXT WEEK!**

TRANS DISCUSSION GROUP: Wed July 6 @ 8pm

MOVIE NIGHT: TBA Thu July 7 (possibly canceled, check back next monday!)

SHOW: Ryan Harvey with Dan Mac, Fri July 8 @ 8pm

**BEYOND!**

AUTHOR READING: Anne Cassebaum "Down Along the Haw" Mon July 11 @ 7pm

POLITICAL PRISONER LETTER WRITING NIGHT Wed July 13 @ 7pm

DURHAM PUBLIC SCHOOL MOVIE NIGHT "In the Realm of the Senses" Thu July 14 @
7pm

TRANS DISCUSSION GROUP: Wed July 20 @ 8pm

CROATAN EARTH FIRST! MOVIE NIGHT: "If a Tree Falls" Thu July 21 @ 7pm

JULY FUNDRAISER: Silent Auction and Dinner by Vimala's Curryblossom Cafe,
Fri July 22

SHOW: Amy Alley, folk/indie musician Sat July 23 @ 7pm

MOVIE NIGHT: TBA Thu July 28 @ 7pm
---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: