ch-scene - Jimmy Magoo and the Paperhand Puppet band this Saturday in Saxapahaw!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Saxapahaw <tom AT hawriverballroom.com>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Jimmy Magoo and the Paperhand Puppet band this Saturday in Saxapahaw!
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 22:34:56 -0400

= NewsletterSaturdays in Saxapahaw with Jimmy Magoo and the Paperhand Puppet Band!=!!!!=The Saxapahaw
Farmers' Market and Music Series celebrates summer thisSatur= day! Market Runs from 5-8 Bands Play
6-8. Come on along!!!(Sched below- click Saturdays in Saxa= pahaw for the band schedule.)
---------------- This week at the FARMERS' MARKET !Farm-fresh, pasture raised eggsEggs, Bea= ns, Leafy
Yumminess - -Honey, Granola!, Cheese, Wine,Breads, Cookies, Ice = Cream, Pork, Beef, Chutney, Jams and
Jellies,Coffee, and Veggies & Produce= of all sorts!! We have many new farmersand crafters joining
the market th= is year let's give them a SaxapahawWelcome! and FRONT PORCH CRAFTS!! Featuring many new
fine local artsand crafts, bea= utifully handmade pottery, wooden boxes, jewelry,soaps, toys,
birdhouses, = furniture and more!Sorry but DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THE EVENT AND NO SMOKING IN THE
M=ARKET OR KIDS AREAS.2011 Band Schedule: June 11 Spirit Family ReunionJune 18 Midtown DickensJune 25
Katharine Whalen & Her FascinatorsJuly 2 Justin Robinson and the Mary AnnettesJuly 9 Tom Maxwell
and the Minor DragJuly 16 Acoustic MannerJuly 23 Big Fat GapJuly 30 John Howie Jr and the
SweetheartsAugust 6 Django HaskinsAugust 13 Onyx Club BoysAugust 20 Lizzy Ross BandAugust 27 Rye
Mountain BoysOktoberfest Oct 22You can now follow the market on = FACEBOOK under SXPHW with lots
ofgreat conversations and tidbits about= town--MOST PEOPLE ARE GETTINGTHEIR INFORMATION THIS WAY!!!
and on TWITTER for 140 character detailsand= updates throughout the week on special events, bands, and
farmers- spread= the word!Check out the website for lists of Farmers, Bands and Special Events!
>Saturday events take place outside in downtown Saxapahaw next to thePost O= ffice.FEED THE SWAN!
THe money goes ot the great bands!!PLEASE PARK IN THE MEADOWS BEHIND THE MARKET- We have chalked in
90+parkin= g spaces on hilltop and beneath the water tower. NO NEED TOWALK ON THE ROA= D PICK UP A
PARKING GUIDE AT THE INFO TABLE NEXT TOTHE STAGE - - please p= ark off the road and be safe!All events
are free but we do pass the Swan Bucket around to raisemoney fo= r the bands each week. Please be kind
and throw in a donationso we can ke= ep great music on the HayWagon Stage!Jimmy Magoo and the Good
Life with the Paperhand Puppet Band!!!First official show in the Ballroom was a sold out show w/ The
LoveLanguag= e - The Old Ceremony and Paperhand Puppet's Lumanity Show -we'll be postin= g the
upcoming schedule soon and the Coffee Shopshould open mid June!Haw River Canoe and Kayak Company now
renting boats for $10 an hour onLake= Louise from 4-6 on Saturdays - meet at the Saxapahaw Post
Officeat 4 or c= all 336.260.6465Thanks SO MUCH to our sponsors including the The Saxapahaw
RivermillThe Saxapahaw General Store The Eddy The Haw River Ballroom, TheHawBridge School = Benjamin
Vineyards Open Eye Caf= e, TownsendBertram, Alph= in Design Build, Clearscapes, CT Wilson, Newfangled
andTurtle Run Farm's wonderful Use Yer Foot! HARDHAT MILL TOURS THISWEEKEND! Sneak peak at the new
geothermal and solar= lofts begins inJune. Contact 336 376 3122 for for information.Mac Jordan of the
Saxapahaw Rivermill will be running "before and afterbeh= ind the scenes" Mill Tours this
Saturday including the Marketplaceand gree= n lofts- Tours will include the renovated lower mill,
andsections of the u= pper mill -(For more information contact the Rivermill office= s at 336 376
3122)= &copy; Saxapahaw Rivermill Farmers' Market and Music Series For More Information Please
Call 336- 376- 5694 = If you do not wish to be on this list just let us know. We apologizefor an= y
inconvienience. Unsubscribe from this newsletter.
From rumblek AT gmail.com Mon Jun 6 10:50:27 2011
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 10:50:26 -0400
Subject: T-Shirts?
From: Ken Rumble <rumblek AT gmail.com>
To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>

Hey folks,

Anyone have recommendations for good, preferably local, sources for
cheap, decent t-shirts for screen printing?

thanks,
Ken

--

knives:

Show: Saturday, June 25, The Pinhook, Durham

twitter: http://twitter.com/Knivesandmics
tumblr: http://knivesandmics.tumblr.com/
facebook: �http://www.facebook.com/pages/Knives/174937729208146

  • Jimmy Magoo and the Paperhand Puppet band this Saturday in Saxapahaw!, Saxapahaw, 06/03/2011