ch-scene - SUN. house show w/ Brainbows + Gold-Bears (ATL/ Slumberland Recs.)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Craig Powell <craigpowell AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: SUN. house show w/ Brainbows + Gold-Bears (ATL/ Slumberland Recs.)
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 04:41:33 -0400

hey folks!

just wanted to make y'all aware of a pretty cool show i have coming up here
at the Layabout this upcoming SUNDAY, May 15th at 9pm! (seriously! it's a
Sunday y'all! don't arrive too late or you'll miss out!!)

it's actually been a lil while (over a month? whoa!) since i've had a house
show at Layabout and i'm stoked to host this sweet pop show for y'all!!

GOLD-BEARS are a twee-punk band on tour from ATL with a new LP coming out
next week on the legendary Slumberland label (home to many of my favorites -
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Crystal Stilts, The Aislers Set, Black
Tambourine, etc.!) A couple of their members are fellow ex-Floridian popkids
and they used to play in the amazing Tallahassee psych-pop band The Plastic
Mastery (one of my favorite FLA bands of the late 90's-'00s!) Catchy and
smart and sure to be FUN live! http://myspace.com/thegoldbears

BRAINBOWS last played Layabout for my 30th b-day party and they were RAD!
Then I saw them more recently at Casbah and they'd gotten even better!!!
Garage-pop/punkrock played by Durham kids (including ex-members of Just
Friends + Fake Accents/Face Accidents, amongst others) w/ Zack + Hannah
trading off instruments and vocal duties, and Graham on drums.
SERiOUS contenders for best new local band of 2011!
http://brainbows.bandcamp.com/album/brainbows

The requested donation will be $5 (all proceeds to the bands!) and as per
usual, the show is all-ages and B.Y.O.B.

anddd here's the link for the facebook event thingy! http://on.fb.me/mnGfOz

yrs,
Craig Layabout

the-layabout.com
triangleshowlist.com
moderncountryrecords.com

  • SUN. house show w/ Brainbows + Gold-Bears (ATL/ Slumberland Recs.), Craig Powell, 05/13/2011