ch-scene - unsubscribe

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Richard Collier Jr. <richard.collier AT duke.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: unsubscribe
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 07:16:52 -0400

take me off this list.

From: ch-scene-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org [ch-scene-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org]
On Behalf Of Wendy Spitzer [felixobelix AT gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:37 PM
To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: Felix Obelix live soundtrack show this Friday 5/13 Nightlight

I just wanted to let you know I'm playing an unusual solo Felix Obelix show
on Friday, May 13 at the Nightlight, opening for Fan Modine and Crystal
Bright and the Silver Hands. I'm performing a live soundtrack I composed to
an experimental film called "Drifting" by Malic Amalya, a filmmaker based in
Washington state. 'Drifting' is described as 'an homage to and polemic on
nostalgia for Americana'; you can read more about the film, which is a
series of reframed, photographed, broken 8mm home movies, at
http://malicamalya.com/section/47839_Drifting.html. I am performing this
soundtrack live, playing my vintage, 60s Acetone organ, along with a backing
track I have composed and recorded, while the film is projected.

I will also do some typically atypical Felix Obelix songs as well.
Friday, May 13
9pm Doors, 10pm show
Nightlight, 405 1/2 W. Rosemary St., Chapel Hill, NC
opening for Fan Modine and Crystal Bright and the Silver Hands

Thanks!
Wendy & Felix Obelix

--
Get the Felix Obelix album at http://www.poxworldempire.org