ch-scene - What's next for the Puppets

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet Intervention <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: What's next for the Puppets
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:18:38 -0400

Thanks to all the great folks who came out and saw "The Big tent cabaret road
show" at the ArtsCenter. We got lot's of great feedback and 4 stars in the Indy.
We appreciate the support and look forward to doing many more shows over the years.
April Fool's Dance Fri April 1st from 7 to 11, we will have our next dance
at the Paperhand Studio at 6079 Sax-Swep Rd. Graham, 27253.
http://www.paperhand.org/ for more info and a map.
This is an opportuntiy for us all to get goofy, move our body and have fun!

To help us continue the art that we do please check out the following...
*These are some things that Paperhand has on its' wish-list, or needs:

1. We are accepting applications to intern with us (ages 16 and up) for this
summers 12th annual Forest Theater show. Simply reply to this email to get
more info.
2. We are looking for a vehicle to move our puppets and shows in. A big box,
step van (bread truck) type thing would be ideal. Please let us know if you
know of anything or would like to contribute to that.
3. A stage is going to be built in our studio in Saxapahaw and we are seeking
building supplies and volunteer help.
4. People who would like to volunteer to help clean and organize the studio
space on Sun March 27th from 1-5p.m. Please r.s.v.p. if you can lend a hand
with this.
5. We are seeking financial support to help fund this summers show at the
Forest Theater. This money would go toward materials and expenses.
You can make a check directly to us and mail it to:
6530 Whitney Rd. Graham, NC 27253.

Or, to Saxapahaw Community Chest (tax-deductible) at
1616 Jordan Drive
Saxapahaw, NC 27340
Phone: (336) 376-3122
These funds will have to be directly related to the space that we rent from
the SCC.

We'll be starting up community work days in May, so get your play/work cloths
on and we'll build us some puppets.

Thank you all for your continued love and support. We look forward to
bringing you many more exciting and artistically dynamic productions for many
years to come, with your help.
All the best,
The Paperhand Crew

  • What's next for the Puppets, Paperhand Puppet Intervention, 03/14/2011