ch-scene - SATURDAY house show w/ DOM (Astralwerks)/ Embarrassing Fruits/ Fan Modine/ Trompo Loco

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Craig Powell <craigpowell AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: SATURDAY house show w/ DOM (Astralwerks)/ Embarrassing Fruits/ Fan Modine/ Trompo Loco
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 03:34:50 -0500

hey y'all -

I'm pretty damn excited about this Saturday night (MARCH 12th) house show
jammer coming up at THE LAYABOUT in Durham with FOUR amazing performances!
The party will start around 9ish and it's all-ages, BYOB and a low, low $6
requested donation! I'll be X'ing hands when you donate, so please REMEMBER
TO BRING CASH! touring bands *need yr donations* so we can keep MAKING FUN
HAPPEN in Durham!

DOM (Worcester, MA/Astralwerks) will be making their NC debut! these dudes
have been getting some crazyyyy buzz on the ol' internet of late....They're
sort of a hybrid of Modular Recs.-style electro-pop and blissed out
dream-pop like Rocketship or early My Bloody Valentine.
http://pitchfork.com/news/38496-rising-dom + http://myspace.com/imfur

EMBARRASSING FRUITS have stepped up to replace Gross Ghost who had to cancel
due to unforeseen circumstances. Anyhow, they're a rad Chapel Hill indierawk
trio on Trekky Records that I'd been wanting to have play at Layabout for a
while now, and Gross Ghost will play Layabout some other time in 2011 so
stay tuned! http://reverbnation.com/embarrassingfruits

FAN MODINE (solo) Gordon will play some Fan Modine songs solo with his
trusty guitar and keyboard... Both his voice and his songwriting skills are
impeccable!! He recently "re-activated" the band after several years of
band-hibernation... Fans of Jens Lekman or The Magnetic Fields - DON'T miss
out!! http://fanmodine.com + http://fanmodine.bandcamp.com

<http://fanmodine.bandcamp.com/>TROMPO LOCO is Stephen from The Wigg Report
playing solo-style. I've never seen this before and The Wigg Report are one
of my favorites...soooo I'm excited, to say the least!!
http://thewiggreport.com + http://reverbnation.com/thewiggreport

The Layabout is 2702 Lawndale Ave. Durham. Near the Food Lion on
Hillsborough Rd. Keep in mind that it's a house in a residential
neighborhood and please respect the neighbors - be smart, be courteous!

and here's the Facebook event thingy in case you want to invite friends -
http://on.fb.me/g7oIMi

CAN'T WAIT!!!

yrs,
Craig Layabout

  • SATURDAY house show w/ DOM (Astralwerks)/ Embarrassing Fruits/ Fan Modine/ Trompo Loco, Craig Powell, 03/10/2011