ch-scene - Puppet news and events!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet Intervention <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Puppet news and events!
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 16:48:07 -0500

Hello People who like puppets,

www.paperhand.org is full on in full swing in the new year! Lots of exciting
projects and opportunities arising and we are pumped.
We hope that you will join us for some of the fun. So, please read below our
calendar of upcoming events and enjoy! It's as easy as...
1. NHL All-Star celebration in downtown (Raleigh)
2. Big Community Dance and Love Fest. (studio)
3. "The Big Tent Cabaret Road Show!" (ArtsCenter)

Fri and Sat Jan 28th and 29th-
NHL All-Star celebrations in downtown Raleigh with music, booths, and yes,
Puppets.
Come help us lead some parades on Fayetteville St at 6:30-7 (Hargett to
Plaza), 8- 8:30 (Plaza to Ral amphitheater), 9:45-10 ( Plaza and fireworks).
We can use any of our Raleigh crew to help us make the place look and feel
great.

Sat, Feb 12th- 7:00 t0 11:00
Community Dance Jam and Love Fest!
Come celebrate love and all that goes along with it by shaking, wiggling, and
wildly cavorting on the big dance floor in our studio and theatre.

Feb 24, 25, 26, and 27 & March 3, 4, 5, and 6-
"THE BIG TENT CABARET ROAD SHOW!"
An evening of puppetry, masks, and more for the whole family. The ArtsCenter
in Carrboro will be hosting us in the Earl Wynn theater each night at 7pm
with matinee's on Sun's at 2 and on Sat's feb 26th @ 11 and mar 5th @ 4pm.

The shows' finale is "LUMANITY" where light meets the human form with wonder
and magic being the result.
Inspired by the original idea of our dear friend Kevin Brock, we have
choreographed a beautiful movement piece that is sure to thrill and inspire
audiences of all ages. Don't miss this latest super-fun performance by your
friendly neighborhood puppeteers.
**Note: There are no Sun night shows of the "Road Show."
However, Bread and Puppet Theater from Vermont will be touring their show
through the area on Sun Feb 27th. So come see this world famous troupe right
here in your own backyard. We'll be there, hope you will too.

Get tickets now atwww.artscenterlive.org

Thant's all for now, but please help spread the word if you can. It's a great
way to show your support and we appreciate it ineffably.

With Love and gratitude,
Donovan and Jan and the Paperhand crew

  • Puppet news and events!, Paperhand Puppet Intervention, 01/25/2011