ch-scene - Thank you all for a great year!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet Intervention <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Thank you all for a great year!
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 09:56:02 -0500

Hello Friends of Paperhand,

We want to extend our deepest gratitude for a wonderful year full of packed
houses, creative juices, and shared inspiration.
We saw our biggest attendance ever at the Forest Theatre , with close to
14,000 over the 6 weekends.
We also received our highest rating for a show with 4 and 1/2 stars for "Love &
Robots!"
Paperhand would not be possible without the many hearts and hands that put so
much energy into what we do both on stage and behind the scenes.
A few all-stars I'd like to thank are:
***Barb Ford~ for running the door in the summer and doing P.R.
***The Gardeners~ for all their generous support and love.
***My mom, Sue~ for running the door for Love & Robots and so much more.
***Shawn n' Angie~ for all their fabulous help.
***Lawruh Lindsey (aka The hardest working woman in show-biz)~ who has become
a crucial pillar of strength and awesomeness in our productions.
***Chris Carter~ who has raised the bar with his technical expertise and
professional work.
***Margaret Jemison~ for her generous support over the years. We love you and
all our prayers are with you.
*** Our entire band~ for making our creations come to life in such a
beautiful way, and for continually exceeding expectations with what you all
create.
*** My wife Lea~ for all her love and great ideas.
*** Our dedicated and hard working cast~ for everything they put into the
shows, from sweat to tears, to heart and soul.
***Our incredible interns~ Lela, Nora, Janie, Anna, and Rachel you all rock
so very hard.
*** Community day workers~ thanks for all the great help at our studio making
the puppets.

And finally, thanks to you, our audiences~ for coming and coming again to our
shows. For spreading the word and making our grassroots effort a success. For
donating to our cause in so many ways. We are humbled by the opportunity to
do this work. It is, and ever shall be, our greatest honor and sacred task to
bring the very best art to the world that we can muster. We are able to meet
our life's calling because of you all. Words can not express the kind of
gratitude we feel.

If you would like to make an end of the year tax-deductible contribution to
help pay our rent for 2011 ($6,600 per year) please consider making out a
check for any amount to:
Saxapahaw Community Chest
1616 Jordan Drive
Saxapahaw, NC 27340

Please continue to check our website http://www.paperhand.org/ for updates
and new information about shows and pictures.

Dec 31st~ First Night Raleigh all day and night in downtown Raleigh.

Feb 24th thru March 6th~ "THE BIG TENT CABARET ROAD SHOW!" at the ArtsCenter. An
evening or afternoon of puppetry with masks, giant puppets, "Lumanity", shadows, and
more all set to live music!

All the best to you in the new year. Let's make it a good one!
Donovan and Jan and the Paperhand Crew