ch-scene - Schooner, The Huguenots, and Kovacs and the Polar Bear 11/20 @ The Pinhook!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: maria albani <malbanister AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Schooner, The Huguenots, and Kovacs and the Polar Bear 11/20 @ The Pinhook!
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:25:19 -0500

This Saturday, November 20 at The Pinhook (117 Main St., Durham, NC),
Schooner's playing our last show for a bit so we can record more songs in
follow up to "Duck Kee Sessions" (which you can purchase & fight cancer
here-http://www.cytunes.org/album/62)...
"For a band so frenetic and consistently enjoyable, Carrboro’s Schooner sure
lets a lot of darkness seep into its work..." -Jordan Lawrence, Columbia
Free Times

Joining us are:
The Huguenots
"The Chapel Hill quartet's songs inhabit the nexus of British Invasion and
garage pop, as it pens lovelorn three-minute relational paeans with
Beatles-esque harmonies and more bounce than 'Baywatch.'" -Chris Parker,
Independent Weekly
http://www.myspace.com/thehuguenotsmusic

Kovacs and the Polar Bear
Asheville, NC group that "tempers its dynamic electro/acoustic rock with
hints of folk..." -Mountain Xpress
They put on an amazing show last weekend at The Grey Eagle's "Prom" with
Floating Action, where they did a badass a capella version of "All my Life"
by K-Ci & JoJo...
http://www.myspace.com/kovacsandthepolarbear

  • Schooner, The Huguenots, and Kovacs and the Polar Bear 11/20 @ The Pinhook!, maria albani, 11/18/2010