ch-scene - [Internationalist] Events at Internationalist Books (November 3-10)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] Events at Internationalist Books (November 3-10)
  • Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 15:51:00 -0400

We have one very exciting event coming up in a week--on Wednesday November 10! Bring all of your friends because this is a great opportunity to meet some of the Bees from the Beehive Design Collective!

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 10 @ 6:00PM THE BEEHIVE DESIGN COLLECTIVE
Mountaintop Removal: The True Cost of Coal

With a gigantic portable mural teeming with intricate images of plants and animals from the most bio-diverse temperate forest on the planet, the Bees will share (and seek) stories of how coal mining and Mountaintop Removal affect communities and ecosystems throughout Appalachia and beyond.

This graphic also looks to the future, raising questions about resistance, regeneration, and remediation while celebrating stories of struggle from mountain communities. The TRUE COST OF COAL will challenge all of us who casually flip on a light switch to examine our own connections to MTR- and to think about what we can do to stop it from within our own communities.

(For more info on the event visit www.internationalistbooks.org, and for more info on the Beehive Design Collective visit www.beehivecollective.org)

*Further out in November...*

-The Carrboro Anarchist Bookfair is coming up on November 13 (That is NEXT weekend)...
The Bookfair will be at The Nightlight from 1-7pm, but we will be having some events here at the store during the day of the bookfair, including (but not limited to!) a meet and greet with Croatan Earth First!, a discussion with Tricia Shapiro, author of Mountain Justice, and a movie screening of The Chicago Conspiracy.

-November Political Prisoner Letter Writing Night will be November 17

-David Cantor will be here on November 19th to discuss animals and land use

-The Queer Negation Tour will be making a stop here on November 23

-Buy Nothing Day on November 26 (let me know if you'd like to participate!)

Check out www.internationalistbooks.org for more info on these and other events!

Thanks for tuning in!

Laurin@Ibooks
Outreach Coordinator

---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: