ch-scene - [Internationalist] please don't bomb the suburbs

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] please don't bomb the suburbs
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 23:11:10 -0400

The Billy Wimsatt speaking event on his new book, Please don't bomb the suburbs, will be canceled this Friday 7-8. We booked the event in error. After reading his new book, to properly prepare for this event, I was in shock. It is so divorced from his earlier work. The book basically reveals Billy as an ambassador for empire. There are also classist and sexist arguments in the book. All of these things go against our mission statement, and are not the kind of thinking we want associated with our store.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you feel that I have done this in error, please send me an email. I will keep 2 copies of his book on hand for one week in case anyone wants to read them.

sincerely,
Lydia

---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: