ch-scene - house show in durham tomorrow (monday!)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Craig Powell <craigpowell AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: house show in durham tomorrow (monday!)
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 14:19:11 -0400

ain't no slowing down the rock'n'roll marathon....

TOMORROW night, yup this upcoming monday the 13th, it's my distinct
pleasure to announce an evening with HAMMER NO MORE THE FINGERS (Durham /
Churchkey) and THOMAS FUNCTION (Huntsville / Fat Possum).

music will commence at 8ish. be here 'round then or risk missing out on an
AMAZING rock'n'roll house show!

some of y'all may remember THOMAS FUNCTION from the last time they played
the house with spider bags and yussuf jerusalem. one of the layabout's
finest moments!! garage-pop played by punk rawk kids who grew up in and
still make their home in the dirty, sweaty south...something most of us can
relate to! seriously good live band...!http://myspace.com/thomasfunction

this will actually be HAMMER NO MORE THE FINGERS' 1st time playing at the
layabout! they're a durham institution so i'm stoked that we're finally
making it happen (thanks to churchkey for helping out!) and i'm extra-stoked
to have them on a bill with one of my favorite outtatown bands!! these dudes
are also long-time guests/supporters of the layabout shows and of
d.i.y./all-ages shows in general and are representative of pretty much
everything i love about the durham music scene...needless to say, they're
gonna rock and i cant' wait!! http://myspace.com/hnmtf

this is an all-ages, b.y.o.b. show with a $5 recommended donation. c'mon
over!! and please remember - my house is on a residential block so please
respect the neighbors and be courteous / smart!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=159169327426674&ref=ts

yrs,
craig layabout

  • house show in durham tomorrow (monday!), Craig Powell, 09/12/2010