ch-scene - Giant Puppet news and extras

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Giant Puppet news and extras
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:34:44 -0400

Paperhand Puppet intervention
proudly presents
ISLANDS UNKNOWN
To See & Imagine the Hidden Parts of the World...
in 3D!
Join us this year for an oddysey epic that will take us to the depths of the
imagination and the very ends of the earth. Our hero, a wandering young girl,
finds herself in A mysterious library that is being consumed by a rising sea
of information. Soon she is afloat, on a paper boat, with a goat heading
toward an adventure full of animals and beasts, mustachioed men and pirates,
monsters, furies, and even gods.

Don't miss this 11th annual giant summer puppet production featuring Giant
puppets, masks, stilts, painted cardboard, and shadows all set to live music!
All shows are for all ages and start at 7 with a different pre-show each
night at 6:20. check out http://www.paperhand.org/ for new pictures and info
about openers.

Forest Theatre in Chapel Hill
august 6, 7, 8, 13,1 4, 15, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29 &
Sept 3, 4, 5, & 6 Labor Day.
General Admission only at the door
suggested donation- adults: $12
kids 3-12: $8
2 & under: free.
no one will be turned away.

NC Museum of art in raleigh
Sept 10th & 11th
Tickets available online:
http://www.ncartmuseum.org/buy-tickets/
Or call 919-715-5923.

Other events coming soon...

Sat July 24th- We have added this as a work/play day at the studio. from
10-6. we will try to finish many of the jobs left on this production. We
especially need painters and sewers for this final push. Please let us know
if you can make it.

Tues July 27th- The award-winning film "A Puppet Intervention" By Mark
Barosso, will be shown at 7 pm at the Fearrington Barn as part of the Chatham Arts Film
series. we'll have a preview of this year's show shot by a student at the Center for
Documentary Studies.
We'll be promoting the new show as well as Mark barosso's awesome film. Stick
around after for a Q & a with us.
http://www.chathamarts.org/sustainablecinema/

If you've read this far, thank you.
and, if you have the means, please consider making a donation to help us
produce this summer's production.
We rely on your support to keep puppetry alive and thriving here in the
triangle.
You can mail a check to 6530 Whitney Rd. graham, NC 27253.
Thanks so much to the folks who have given thus far!

That's all for now, please help spread the word if you can.
with love and inspiration,
the Paperhand crew

  • Giant Puppet news and extras, Paperhand Puppet, 07/23/2010