ch-scene - summer nectar / three shows

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Ryan Martin <rymars AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: summer nectar / three shows
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:43:34 -0400

big week, three quality underground shows happening

A)

FRIDAY 7.23 :::::::
:::::::::::::::::::8PM @ AFRICAN QUEEN ::::::::

TEAADORA
PIGEON RELIGION
Call Me On The Allophone - NAMES DIVINE
NUDE SUNRISE
HELLKITE

Teaadora charmed most everyone left standing when she came thru last -
real pretty psychedelic folk pop, ethereal and temperamental, moving
http://myspace.com/teaadora

Pigeon Religion = reckless noise rock from AZ, sounds like a vicious party
http://myspace.com/pigrelig

Names Divine = moldering folk in a desperate headspace. I think she's
played in Twilight Memories - music for/from the spaces between
thoughts
http://www.myspace.com/callmeontheallophone

Nude Sunrise = sunny reverb'd out psych pop dirge from Chicago
http://www.myspace.com/nudesunrise

Hellkite = haunting vox, ambient sounds, raw guitar / gloom doom from
Ann Marie Phillips of Arizona

+++++++++++bring 3$-5$ for all these touring bands, please+++++++++++++++++

AFRICAN QUEEN is located at
503D N Greensboro st
C A R R B O R O

+++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++

B)

SATURDAY 7.24 :::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::EARLY SHOW 7PM - 9:30PM @ MEADOWS OF DAN

pre-party for the PYKRETE record release party later that night at Nightlight!

in the waning daylight hours w/

ANT PARADE
TABLE (Jeff Zagers)
INSPECTOR 22

Ant Parade = from Tampa FL, solo minimal / melancholic / blissed
tracks, hovering vocal melodies, hits my barely concealed mazzy star
sweet spot(s)
http://www.myspace.com/antparade

Table = from Savannah GA, improv/noise/much more player Jeff Zager's
sax / voice / skewed pop take. His collab tape with Seth Oubliette was
one of my very favorite things I heard last year

Inspector 22 = local favorite, death folk from Chapel Hill, blood
still wet and lingering on the emergency bludgeon ....
myspace.com/middletooth

++++++bring 3-5$ for the touring bands please++++++++

Drink / eat / ramp up for the Pykrete record release at Nightlight at
10, come here / go there after

MEADOWS OF DAN is located at
112 HANNA ST CARRBORO

++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++

C)

TUESDAY 7.27 ::::: @ MEADOWS OF DAN::::

EARLY SCORCHER 6PM-9PM / Pre-party for the LEGOWELT show at Nightlight
later this night - for a full night of music and dancing

w/

OUTMODE
DIAMOND HYMEN
ROTTEN APPLES
DJ VVAQRT

food @ 6PM / /

then live music at 7PM

Outmode + Diamond Hymen = deep south electronic dance music on tour
in their words: "*a fully realized execution of the snowed out "lavish
styles" tour; electronic manipulation, beat heavy pop, club-styled
synth diva - party vibe enforced..."

Rotten Apples = wierd clean guitar tone dissonant hard rock from up
north, members of one of my all time fave live bands DREAMHOUSE !

ENDS @ 9PM / / head over to Nightlight to see LEGOWELT (Netherlands)
(!!!!), VVAQRT (live set), DJ GIANT MICROBE, DJ TLR (Netherlands) DJ
Not Happy Jan (Australia)

MEADOWS OF DAN
112 Hanna st
CARRBORO NC

++++++++

thanks as always
xo
Ryan
hot-releases.org

  • summer nectar / three shows, Ryan Martin, 07/22/2010