ch-scene - Puppets, turning up the heat!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Puppets, turning up the heat!
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:15:28 -0400

Ladies and gentleman, (Read below for an update of really great events we'll
be at soon)...

The Paperhand Crew is hard at work to bring you this years' 11th annual
summer giant puppet spectacle at the Forest Theatre and NCMA as we speak!
And... we don't have a name quite yet.
Rest assured, we will have one very soon.
What we can say so far, is it will be a beautiful, CREATIVE CONGLOMERATION,
an absolutely epic adventure, and (hopefully) a powerful healing inspiration
for us all.
It is a journey of transformation where we find ourselves afloat, in a paper
boat, with a goat. That's just one image from a story full of beasts, a
library, moustached barons, pirates, monsters, and gods. Interested yet?
The show opens AUg 6th at the Forest theatre in chapel Hill and runs thru
Labor day. Then, we move to the NC Museum of art in raleigh sept 10 and 11.
All shows are all ages and start at 7, with a different pre-show each night
at 6:20.
So, come early and often, and please tell your friends and family.

Also, coming this week and the month of July...

Thursday July 1st- Wanted! The Runaway circus from Asheville presents ...
Dun-dun-duuuuuunnn! Suspects are known to be highly hilarious, approach
without caution.
These smooth criminals are willing to go to extraordinary measures to
distract you from your summer doldrums. What measures? How about trapeze,
acrobatics, slapstick, magic, juggling and more. This troupe has performed
all across North America including the Western Canadian Islands. Members have
studied the circus arts extensively in San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles,
and Seattle. So bring the whole family and be prepared because the runaway
circus is here to take your breath away. Stone's Throw Pizza, a mobile wood
fired oven, will be selling pizza outside before the show. All ages.
Doors 6:30 show at 7pm. $5-$10 suggested donation Saxapahaw Community
Center/Paperhand Studio 6079 Saxapahaw Swepsonville Rd., Saxapahaw NC 27253
directions: (http://www.paperhand.org/ourspace.htm)

Sunday July 4th- Festival for the Eno.
We will play music with the Paperhand BAnd on the River Stage at 12:45 and
lead a giant puppet parade at 2:15. Very fun, bring something to swim in.

Sat July 17th- ADF Community Day
Join us at the Nasher Museum of fine Art for an afternoon on puppet fun and
magic in and around the Nasher grounds. Anytime between 1-4.

As many of you know, we at paperhand survive with the help of our community.
Folks donate their time, skills, and money
to keep bringing our puppetry to the triangle and the world.
We are humbly requesting some of that support now as we work toward producing
this summer's show.
There are currently 5000 people on this email list and we could use that many
dollars to get this show up and running.
That could look several ways:
1. 5000 people donating $1.
2. 500 people donating $10.
3. 50 people donating $100.
You can mail your check for any amount to:
Paperhand Puppet Intervention
6530 Whitney Rd. Graham, NC 27253.

It is our great honor and joy to do this work
we will use whatever you send directly in creating the huge productions that
you have come to
expect and enjoy. We can't do it alone.
Thank yo all for ceven considering this
We sincerely appreciate your continued love and support.
The Paperhand Crew

  • Puppets, turning up the heat!, Paperhand Puppet, 06/28/2010
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Puppets, turning up the heat!, Paperhand Puppet, 06/28/2010