ch-scene - [Internationalist] Save the Earth! Read this Email!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] Save the Earth! Read this Email!
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 10:37:22 -0400

Internationalist Books & Community Center
405 W Franklin Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
919.942.1740
Open 11 AM to 8 PM, Mon-Sat; 12 to 6 PM Sun
www.internationalistbooks.org

IN THIS EMAIL:

1. We're under attack! - Now
2. Prison Books meeting - June 30
3. IWW meeting - July 8
4. Ibooks Barbecue - July 10
5. Croatan Earth First! event - July 9-12
6. Anti-Racist Action conference - July 22-25

1. Help! We're under attack! The Ibooks website has been hacked!

As you may have noticed, www.internationalistbooks.org is down. The site has been hacked by Sarbot511. The individual has hacked into servers and replaced .index files of websites with his own. He or she (or they) hack(s) in protest of Israel's activity in Gaza. The individual may be living in Saudi Arabia.

The Internationalist does NOT support Zionism, or the current US and Israeli policy towards Palestine. War is the most ridiculous activity human beings can engage in.

If only Sarbot511 had taken time to read our website, he or she might have donated to us instead of hacked our site! We applaud the (arguably) nonviolent innovative protest of war and fear, though we would ask Sarbot511 to choose his targets more carefully.

The site will be restored in the near future. The store is still open, so stop in and say hi!

2. Prisonbooks Collective meeting @ iBooks 7pm June 30

3. NC IWWW meeting @ iBooks 7:30pm, July 8th

4. iBooks benefit barbecue! Johnny's, 901 W. Main St Carrboro, 6pm, Saturday July 10th.

5. Croatan Earth First! invites everyone who cares about the fate of North Carolina's old growth to the Southeastern Regional Rendezvous on Friday through Monday, July 9th-12th. All ages welcome, child friendly, but no dogs!

Come for a fun weekend of camping and workshops.Learn how to climb trees, identify plants, and the basics of wildlife care. Help come up with strategies on how to save the globe forest before it's sold off to timber companies this summer, or just come and play in the waterfall.

Info and Directions: ncforestdefense AT riseup.net http://savetheglobe.wordpress.com

6. Rose City Antifa is pleased to announce that we will be hosting the 16th annual Anti-Racist Action (ARA) Network Conference in Portland, Oregon from July 22 to the 25, 2010. The conference will include ARA's annual plenary, caucuses, and discussion on current issues facing antifascists. We are also organizing several workshops and social events that will be open to non-members. We hope all ARA members as well as anti-fascists who agree with our four Points of Unity will join us in July!

Check out our website?-rosecityantifa.org?-over the next month for updated information regarding location, schedule, and public events.

-John

---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: