ch-scene - June goodness

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: June goodness
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:44:41 -0400

Hello friends of Paperhand,

The Summer heat is upon us, but lots is going on and we want to share what's
happening in our puppet world.
Mostly, all we do in june and july is get ready for the big summer show and
that is in full swing with our 5 amazing interns and lots of other folks who
want to get their hands in it. Could be you.

In june the following will occur:

sat June 19th- Jimmy Magoo and the good life will rock the
http://www.rivermillvillage.com/farmers.html
from 6-8 we will play lots of songs new and old, from Jimmy's repetoire and
music from some of the puppet shows. The band is Jimmy, Donovan, Paul Ford,
Johnny waken, and austin Macall, with special guests... maybe.
This will be a family fun, grassy, rootsy, lovey, dovey, experience for all
ages. So come support local food and music (and us) on the hillside in saxy.

Also, that day, and every Sat till July 17th, from 10 to 5 we will be
working/playing in the Sax. comunity center paperhand studio.
So, you can help make our giant summer show a reality.

The Goddess suite
Celebrating Women Through Song: The Goddess Suite
What: An Evening of Celebrating Women, including a performance of The
Goddess Suite , an original choral work by singer-songwriter and
environmental educator Cynthia Rylander Crossen. Suggested donation of $7
(children under 12 free) to benefit local, regional, and global charities.
Please help us spread the word by forwarding this email! See our video,
listen to Goddess Suite pieces, and download a flyer at The Goddess Suite .
Hear us on WUNC's 91.5 FM The State of Things Wed. June 16 at 12:40 pm and
9:40 pm.
Get Goddess Suite Performance details.
Who: Cynthia Crossen and Hope Wilder (Cynthia's daughter-in-law) have
assembled instrumentalists and a chorus of women 50-strong, to perform the
Goddess Suite, with singer-songwriter and musical educator Sheila Fleming as
conductor. Other acts in the program will include music, poetry, and dance
(see Goddess Suite Performance details ).
When and Where:
*** Saturday, June 19, 7 pm, Forest Theater, ( Map ), Chapel Hill
*** Sunday, June 20, 7 pm, Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship ,
Durham

*** Saturday, June 26, 7 pm, Northwood High School Auditorium, Pittsboro
*** Sunday, June 27, 7 pm, Forest Theater, ( Map ), Chapel Hill

Why: We have come together to experience and share the joy of celebrating
womanhood through song, spoken word, and dance. To honor each of the seven
goddesses of whom we sing, 100% of the proceeds from our performances will go
to support local, regional, and global charities that embody attributes of
these Greek goddesses.

Coming up Thurs July 1st- Special guests Runaway Circus
brings there show " Dun Dun Duuuuuuuuun!" from Asheville.
One night only, so mark your calendars now. There will be a pizza truck
parked out front for yummy enjoyment as well. Suggested donation at the door
$5.

Thanks for reading and supporting puppetry (and other cool stuff) here in the
triangle,
The Paperhand Crew

  • June goodness, Paperhand Puppet, 06/15/2010