ch-scene - The Story of Duck Kee Studios - TNF 9pm-12am - WXYC 5/20/10

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: timcarless <timcarless AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: The Story of Duck Kee Studios - TNF 9pm-12am - WXYC 5/20/10
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 10:06:06 -0700 (PDT)

One pillar of the music scene that encompasses Raleigh, Durham and
Chapel Hill in North Carolina is Jerry Kee; one of the gentlest
gentlemen I have met. Jerry is the owner of Duck Kee Studios in
Mebane, NC. Jerry and Duck Kee Studios have provided a fertile
environment for a host of bands and artists over the last decade or
so, including: Kingsbury Manx, Portastatic, Regina Hexaphone,
Superchunk to name but a few.

This Thursday evening [5/20/10], between 9pm & midnight EDT, I shall
be hosting the Thursday Night Feature on WXYC [89.3FM or pick up a
stream from www.wxyc.org] and Jerry Kee will be joining me in the
studio as we trawl through the archives of Duck Kee Studios and talk
about the bands and music that have graced its four walls.