ch-scene - Puppet and other calendar updates

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Puppet and other calendar updates
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 11:30:45 -0400

Hello out there in puppet land,

Just wanted to send a couple of quick reminders, updates, and
clarifications... enjoy!

***Come see Donovan perform with drums and percussion along with a small orchestra in
"Esther", a new Musical that is a celebration of the Divine Feminine,
cross-cultural understanding, and a prayer for peace.
Passion, politics, humor, Tribal Belly Dance and heart-beating music.
Concert Performances with Reception afterwards:
Friday May 21st, The Friday Center, Chapel Hill
Saturday, May 22, PSI Theater, Durham Arts Council, Durham
Sunday, May 23rd, The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Raleigh, Raleigh
More information and tickets: http://www.estheramusical.com/

May 22nd & 29th (and every Sat in June!) from 10-5 work-play-day at our
studio in Saxapahaw. Be a part of the magic and intense work that goes into each
years summer show. Then, head up the hill to enjoy the farmers market and live
music every Sat in Sxphw.
RSVP's are appreciated if you can. The work we do on these days are mostly
for adults and some mature young people. If you bring young kids, it's okay,
just might want to bring something for them to do.

May 30th Duke performance series presents... Us!
Starting at 1 we will perform our new road show "Masks, Music, and Movement."
Then, we will lead a parade to celebrate the Earth, its'creatures, and our Community.
http://tickets.duke.edu/default.asp

June 1st~ Burrito Bash fundraiser for Paperhand and the Abundance Foundation.
This historic pairing of powerhouse organizations will be at the Pittsboro
GeneralStore Cafe' from 6-9. Featuring a puppet auction, celebrity time share
auction, and music all night by the Paperhand Band. Also enjoy great company
and delicious burritos while you bid on some of our masks and flats to take
home.
Your support is crucial to our survival!
***You can make a tax-deductible donation today to the
Saxapahaw Community Chest and mail it to:
1616 Jordan Dr
Saxapahaw, NC 27340
That will go directly to us staying in the space that we work and do shows.

Thanks for your time and attention... with love and puppets,
Donovan and Jan