ch-scene - show carrboro tonight: dance performance, anthropophagology, passion percussion

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Ryan Martin <rymars AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: show carrboro tonight: dance performance, anthropophagology, passion percussion
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:22:06 -0500

Really great show tonight, maybe just flying under your radar - - - -

________Wednesday 2.17.10 _________10PM . . .

MOTHER EARTH
PHANTASCIST
CLANG QUARTET

& law-permitting:
RY MAR + SCOTTY IRVING duet

@ Meadows of DAN
112 Hanna st CARRBORO NC
meadowsofdan.org
+++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++

MOTHER EARTH blew some minds last night Greensboro. They're a
captivating, absurd-style dance / performance art duo from NYC, they
changed the air in the room, put me in a better mood than I was
before.
PHANTASCIST is Boogie, Blue, & Julian's anthropophagous rock band --
vocals that remind me of Linda Sharrock, some out-intensity of 60s
free jazz, were really great last time I saw them
CLANG QUARTET is the Carolina Classic one-man percussion, passion,
noise show. Debuting some new instruments to the area tonight, post
this past weekend's
International Noise Conference in Miami - - -

don't muss! starts 10PM, over round midnight - - - -

Ryan

  • show carrboro tonight: dance performance, anthropophagology, passion percussion, Ryan Martin, 02/17/2010