ch-scene - Karaoke For Cy!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <hepstyle AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Karaoke For Cy!
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:09:30 -0500

Hey all, for those of you who don't use Facebook to plan your social life,
there is going to be a Karaoke for Cy party at Bull McCabes in Durham this
Saturday night! 8PM until they kick us out. Five dollars gets you a shot
at wowing the crowd with your favorite hit. I would pay five bucks to see
Ross Grady perform Poker Face. Better yet, maybe if we can get Ross and
Grayson Currin to both show up, we can raise $100 to convince them to sing
Islands in the Stream together.

All proceeds will go to the Robert Tisch Brain Cancer Center at Duke
University via the Cy Rawls Has a Posse team in the Angels Among Us 5K this
April.

It's going to be kickass! Get there early because by midnight, the wait
will be too long for you to get a chance to sing and charity don't give
refunds.

Also, there will be some CyTunes shirts for sale. Todd Emmert designed some
incredible shirts for last year's run, and CyTunes got permission to use it
again for a new crop of shirts. Come out Saturday and pick one up before
they're all gone!

--
Der Weg ist das Ziel