ch-scene - NorthE - Bass

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: john <jphono1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: NorthE - Bass
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:25:37 -0800 (PST)

Hello - North Elementary is looking for a bass player.

email jphono1 AT gmail.com

go to http://www.myspace.com/northelementary for sounds

cheers

"A day without sunshine...is night" -steve martin

Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 14:47:31 -0500
Subject: The 3rd band for Craig's b-day house show on 11/29 is...
From: Craig Powell <craigpowell AT gmail.com>
To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

hey ch-scenesters!

As promised, I can now announce the 3rd band who'll be playing at my '29 on
the 29th' b-day house show!!

and that band is Durham's own...

*Dan Melchior und Das Menace!!! *

DAN MELCHIOR und DAS MENACE -- the most recent addition to the bill, are a
band I've been waiting to see for quite a while! I couldn't ask for a cooler
b-day present than having them play here at the house...They haven't played
in Durham in a few years but in the meantime Dan has been *extremely*
prolific, having released dozens of songs - *all* of them top notch lo-fi
garage rock + psych-pop nuggets! He moved to Durham after living in the UK
most of his life, where he often collaborated with Billy Childish and Holly
Golightly amongst other garage rock badasses...
http://www.myspace.com/dasmenace

SPIDER BAGS --- KILLED IT here at the house when they played with Thomas
Function and Yussuf Jerusalem a little while back. If you missed out then,
you now have been granted a MAGICAL B-DAY OPPORTUNITY to witness the fucking
unbelievable rock'n'roll superpowers that this band conjures up...in my
living room!!! http://myspace.com/spiderbags

GTRS --- are from Houston, and they'll stop off and play this one date at my
house fresh from playing a VICE records showcase in ATL - these boys and
girls are fresh and catchy (think Velvets, Television, Sonic Youth) and yr
gonna flip out i know it i know it...we all are!!!
http://www.myspace.com/guitarszzzzz

PLUSSSSS: B-DAY surprises?!? Hi-JINKS! a fire pit for chilly people...and
fireworks for explosion-loving-people!!!

definitely some food for early birds...maybe even a vegetarian potluck?
(who's in??)

BYOB! and some $$$ for the bands!!! i don't need presents, but i wanna make
sure the bands make some loot!!!

my house is at 2702 Lawndale Ave. Durham. (off of Hillsborough Rd., a block
from Food Lion) and things get rollin at around 7pm with food'n'booze, and
then bands at 8ish. since it's a Sunday, things won't run super-late...

can't wait!!!

yr birthday boy,
craig austin layabout

  • NorthE - Bass, john, 11/18/2009