ch-scene - More stuff to do: Starmount at Marsh Woodwinds Friday

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Todd Morman" <tmorman AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: More stuff to do: Starmount at Marsh Woodwinds Friday
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 23:23:48 -0500

Greg Elkins' band Starmount is doing a CD-release thing (came out today,
actually) this Friday at Marsh Woodwinds on Person St. in Raleigh. From their
Facebook page:

===
We will be celebrating the release of our debut album, Tyranny of the Sphere,
with a special show Friday, October 30th at Marsh Woodwinds at 707 North
Person Street, Raleigh. The evening will get under way at 8 with a much
anticipated set from C Hilton and Tomas Phillips. A $10 donation will be
rewarded with a copy of ...Tyranny of the Sphere and entry to the show. If
you are a real fan and you already have the cd (or you are part of a couple
that only needs one - or whatever...) we will just ask that you consider
making a $5 donation. We are very proud of this record and we hope that you
will join us!
===

The CD is pretty neat - pedal steel and electronics, fairly downtempo, groovy
and interesting instrumental songs. Great for hangovers. Marsh shows don't go
very late, usually, so they'll probably be over in time to catch most of
SCOTS and John Howie, if that's your thing.

todd shows at Marsh tend to fall through the cracks just doing my bit morman
>From grady AT ibiblio.org Tue Oct 27 23:25:02 2009
Shows at Marsh fall through the cracks because they typically seem to
post them on their website *after* they happen, instead of before ;-)