ch-scene - Halloween HAUNTED house show! + show tonight at PINHOOK!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Craig Powell <craigpowell AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Halloween HAUNTED house show! + show tonight at PINHOOK!
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 02:14:17 -0400

hey y'all!

i'm hosting a HAUNTED HOUSE SHOW this Halloween, which falls on a Saturday
this year!!

there will be BANDS, some "adult" punch, home made pastries + other sugary
halloween goodness, DJ's spinnin' classic soul and garage rock tunes between
+ after the bands (perhaps even yrs truly!), cheesy old horror movies on a
projector, +++ yr friends, in costumes! (encouraged but not required...)

the bands are...
FLOATING ACTION - An Asheville, NC band playing soul-meets-indie-pop with a
bit of vintage Jamaican dub+rocksteady thrown into the mix - aka DANCE PARTY
MUSIC! They have a self-titled LP on Park The Van Records and
frontman/songwriter Seth Kauffman has several cool solo releases out there
as well...
http://myspace.com/floatingaction

THE HUGUENOTS - UNC boys playing British Beat and 60's garage rock inspired
tunes, with lots of hooks and harmonies. Another great party band! I expect
lots of bouncin', swaying and groovin' for their 1st ever house show!
http://myspace.com/thehuguenotsmusic

PINCHE GRINGO - is a (mostly) one-man rock'n'roll band, that man being Josh
(ex-Spinns.) He plays catchy, fuzzy bursts of bluesy garage rock, solo-style
- and sometimes gets some help from Jimmy (of Jimmy & The Teasers) on 2nd
guitar. I'm damn excited to have him play here at the house for the 1st
time! http://myspace.com/pinchegringoband

please bring $5 or whatever you can spare for the bands! Also feel free to
B.Y.O.B. (I'll have some punch + cheap beer but it won't last long!) and
bring yr friends!

my house is at 2702 Lawndale Ave. in DURHAM. That's near Hillsborough Rd.
You can park curbside or at the Food Lion on Hillsborough (2 blocks from my
house.)

here's the facebook event:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166848471976&index=1

can't wait!!
craig austin layabout

P.S. also make sure to c'mon out to The Pinhook TONIGHT (Monday) to see TV
Ghost, Wizzard Sleeve and Harlem (check out the event page here -
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=144090603654&index=1). If you dig the
kinda stuff I book at my house or are just a fan of amazing rock'n'roll
spectacles, then I know you won't regret coming out on a monday night for
this show!!! So please do come check it out so I can keep booking shows at
The Pinhook and so these amazing touring bands can make a bit of gas
money!! Then get yr ass over to Nightlight on Tuesday to see Spider Bags,
Pinche Gringo + Harlem (again!) Plus The Huguenots play 506 on the 17th
with Luego + The Tomahawks...good shows galore!!!

  • Halloween HAUNTED house show! + show tonight at PINHOOK!, Craig Powell, 10/12/2009