ch-scene - Paperhand Puppets up and coming

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Paperhand Puppets up and coming
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 10:07:50 -0400

Ladies and gentleman in the puppet ethos-sphere,

We have a lot of fun, interesting, and exciting things coming up in July so,
please read below to find out what's happening.
Mostly, we are deeply in the process of creating this years summer
show,(details below) our 10th annual Forest Theatre production! We have a
great cast and crew and some big ideas, some of which have already become
giant puppets. Can't wait.

*Communty work/play days*
* Eno Fest*
*New documentary world premier!*
*Burrito Bash*
*Summer show details*
*More*

July 4th ~ the Festival for the Eno will be held in Durham's West Point on
the Eno park. The parade begins at 1:30 down by the bridge.

July 7th~ at the Pittsboro General Store Cafe from 6-9 there will be a
Burrito Bash Benefiting Paperhand. Jimmy Magoo and the Good Life will play
hip family fun music for the kid in everyone. Please come by and show your
support if you can.

July 11th~ ADF Community Day at the Nasher Museum of Art in Drham from 1-4
some of Paperhand's folks will be out sharing puppets with folks in and
around the Nasher grounds. Community Work Play day at Ourspace in Saxapahaw
11-6.
That same night, The world premier showing of...
"A Puppet Intervention" a documentary film by Mark Barosso and Fork in the
Road Films will take place at 8:00 at the Piedmont Biofuels plant at 220 Lorax Lane in
Pittsboro.
To veiw the trailer and read more go to
http://apuppetintervention.com/A_Puppet_Intervention/Home.html
This will be a very exciting night for all of us! Hope to see you there.
Feel free to dress up and whatever else.
July 18th~ Community Work /Play day at the studio in Saxapahaw from 11-6.
Stilt making and walking workshop in Hillsborough 11-4 for details go to
http://www.hillsboroughartscouncil.org/HandmadeParadeWorkshops.html
July 31st~ The Documentary film will show again at the Century Center in
Carrboro at 7:30 and 9:30. Same excitement different night.

Paperhand's 10th annual summer puppet extraordinaire is only a mere month
away and we are not holding back a sigle ounce of energy for this one.
This years show is called...
"THE LIVING SEA OF MEMORY"
Reclaiming fragments of the human story through myth, magic, and puppetry.
The show dates are...(mark your caledars now)
Every Fri, Sat, and Sun from Aug. 7th thru Sept 7th (Labor Day) at the Forest
Theatre in Chapel Hill and Sept. 11& 12 at the NC Museum of Art in Raleigh.
Show times are all 7 p.m. with a different preshow each night at 6:20.
General admission, no advanced ticket sales,
Suggested donation $10-15 adults, $7 ages 3-12, 2 and under free.
Things to bring: Picnics, kids, grandpeople, a cushion for your butt,
responsible drinks, and a sense of wonder.

That's probably more than enough for now, so, until next time...
Much love, respect, and appreciation,
Donovan and Jan
the puppet guys